Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2016 04:00

Spilled water on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series

So I spilled some water on the keyboard. I tried to take it away using a cloth and then put it upside down. I then had a hot lamp over it so that it would dry. (Opening the back cover was out of the question since I had no way to remove the nails.) After an hour I tried to open it. It did open and worked ok. The only problem was that yhere would be pop up messages about the usb no functioning properly or the headphones I just connected when I had nothing on the usb and no headphones. The morning after however the laptop after being powered on would display: Error code 0xc0000428 your pc has to be repaired. The digital signature for this file could not be verified. Contact your PC administrator or PC manufactorer if you dont have the repair tools.

I bought this in Greece a month ago but I am now a student in Edinburgh and I desperately need some help on what to do since this laptop is vital for my course and I cannot afford a new one at the moment.

Sorry for the wall of text and thank you for your answers.

I desperately need some help.

2K Posts

September 18th, 2016 19:00

Hi JOHN6598,

What is the exact system model? 

If water droplets has entered onto the circuit level of the motherboard, then there is a high possibility that many components would stop working.

If the system has complete care accidental warranty purchased, then we can have it serviced under warranty. If not, you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

If the system has complete care warranty, then please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). 

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!