Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2011 14:00

Strange colours/resolution on XPS M1530

Hi,

I need a help, after replaced old damaged keyboard with new one LCD screen shows not correct colours and resolution too. When booting into Win it has a green background. When taking Print Screen - and then looking at jpg in different comp everything (colours, resolution) is OK as it should be - BUT actual LCD screen on laptop has different colours. I reinstalled videodriver but did not help.

I checked again disassembling procedure for keyboard  - if no cable or connector was pulled out - nothing... but something happened.

Any advice?

Thx

Lubo

3.8K Posts

September 14th, 2011 02:00

Hi Lubo,

Welcome to the Community. The LCD flex cable may not be seated properly since you did try to replace your keyboard. Use the below link on how to reseat the LCD flex cable on your system. Do not remove the hinges, just start from  removing the keyboard, and you will see the LCD cable, as shown on Step 10 in the below link.

support.dell.com/.../display.htm

Check your system by connecting an external monitor. If the monitor colors look good then its the LCD, if the colors look the same then its the motherboard.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 14th, 2011 04:00

What does the image look like on an external monitor connected to this notebook (NOT another system)?

3 Posts

September 14th, 2011 04:00

Thx Royan for your advice, I will follow intructions (resetting LCD cable and checking external monitor picture).

L.

3 Posts

September 15th, 2011 05:00

Problem resolved! After resetting LCD cable all works as it should after I replaced damaged keyboard.

Many thanks for advice and guide.

Lubo

No Events found!