dropper
1 Nickel

Studio 15 touchpad does not start with windows

Jump to solution

I can enable Synaptics Pointing Device Driver in start up in msconfig.exe but regardless whenever I restart or start after shutdown I have to enable first DellTpad.exe and then SynTPEnh.exe in C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP. Before I do this I can still move the mouse with the touchpad, but I can't do any of the other things associated with it such as edge scrolling. I have a wireless Logitech mouse so I know that may have something to do with it. Any fixes? Running Windows 7 64 bit btw. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Re: Studio 15 touchpad does not start with windows

Jump to solution

Hi dropper

I recommend, disconnect the wireless mouse and then restart the computer.

Please uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers.

1. Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.
  2. In the “Device Manager”, click plus sign next to “Mice and other pointing devices” to expand it.
  3. Right click on “Synaptic PS2 Port Touchpad” and click “Uninstall”.
  4. Check “Delete the driver software for this device”, and click “Ok”.
  5.  Follow onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.

Also, update the touchpad drivers from the below mentioned link:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/studio-15

From the above link, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer and under “Input” select the appropriate drivers and Download and Install. 

Let me know if this helped.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

dropper
1 Nickel

Re: Studio 15 touchpad does not start with windows

Jump to solution

Thanks very much Rajesh, fixed now & working beautifully. Needed to uninstall & install twice though for future reference. Thanks again!

0 Kudos