Highlighted
Kaleben
1 Copper

Re: Studio 1535 Problem!

Jump to solution

I may have figured out the problem. The ribbon cable that connects the media control keys and the motherboard is attached just behind the keys. I attach the ribbon to a different section of the back of the control panel (scotch tape) and haven't had a problem since. I think because the keys are sensitive to electromagnetic fields and the ribbon cable is interfering (probably not sheilded enough). Its been a week so far and no problems. Hope this helps.

-Doug

0 Kudos
joan font
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Normal 0 21 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Maybe it would be interesting you show an image the position of attachment of the ribbon on the panel control. It will help me to follow the same procedure. (I suppose that you don't have anymore problems).

Thank you in advance.

Joan Font

0 Kudos
wantsamac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

To remove the panel that has the touch bittons on it, do you simply pry it off?

0 Kudos
wantsamac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I may have figured out the problem. The ribbon cable that connects the media control keys and the motherboard is attached just behind the keys. I attach the ribbon to a different section of the back of the control panel (scotch tape) and haven't had a problem since. I think because the keys are sensitive to electromagnetic fields and the ribbon cable is interfering (probably not sheilded enough). Its been a week so far and no problems. Hope this helps.

-Doug

Sorry for posting twice in a row. But Doug, is this a fix for the faulty media buttons or the sticky keyboard keys, thanks.

0 Kudos
Green B
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I sure wish Dell would get to the bottom of this problem.  I'm really tired of waiting for my eject light to go out.  There seems to be so many people with this media panel issue.  It's time for a resolution on this.

0 Kudos
Tech7
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

NO!!! don't pry off the hinge cover until you remove the screws under the battery (two). The one I fixed was not mine, but a co-workers, so I don't have it to send pictures. Another user said that he/she had success with leaving the screws loose. I just can't do that, so I put a little spray glue on two paper washers (the kind you use to mount mainboards), and placed them over the screw holes on the top side.

The ribbon attaches on the hinge cover and under the keyboard. To remove the keyboard, carefully remove the strip around the keyboard(snaps in place), remove the screws at the top, and snap it out. I found I had to flex it slightly.

0 Kudos
wantsamac
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ya ok, I found the screws when I took off the media button panel. I wiggled a few wires and then put it back on. I left the screws out and I have not had any problems since.

0 Kudos
Kaleben
1 Copper

Jump to solution

FYI, the problem with the self-ejecting did return, but the frequency has deminished greatly. I covered the main connector on the back of the hinge cover and the ribbon cable with electrical tape instead of scotch tape to better sheild the components. I am still theroizing that it is some kind of electrical/magnetic interference that is causing it , but I can't be sure. Anyone else try this? Also I noticed that the ribbon from the back cover to the motherboard is awfully short and therefore has alot of creases. This could also be part of the issue. A slightly longer ribbon cable could help too.

-Doug

0 Kudos
LunarOrbit
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been having the DVD eject problem since I bought my Studio 1535 back in July. I regret not returning it when I could have.

I've tried two different BIOS updates, a reinstall of Windows Vista, and I even installed the Windows 7 Beta on a second partition. The problem persists. The only thing that seems to help is after I turn off the computer at the end of the day I unplug it and then flip it over and remove the battery. In the morning I put the battery back in and turn it on, and no more DVD eject light.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the battery, because if the laptop is completely separated from all power sources (AC and battery) while it's turned off overnight, it starts fine in the morning. Or maybe it is because I leave the laptop laying on it's lid instead of on it's bottom... but I can't imagine why that would make a difference.

Anyhow, I really hope Dell can provide a real solution soon. I'd hate to think they are waiting out the end of my 1 year warranty before they provide it.

0 Kudos
eddyneo2000
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Guys go to the link below

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=STUDIO1535

Install the Quickset application under applications and note book system software under system utilities.(make sure you choose the right OS )

Reboot and it should be fixed

0 Kudos