Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

A

9 Posts

August 2nd, 2008 08:00

Studio 1535 cd eject doesn't work

When I press cd eject touch button, the cd doesn't eject, the same is if I press fn + F10 which also should eject the cd. When I right click on the cd-rom icon and press eject it works, also the touch button works until vista is loaded. Where could be the problem?

EDIT:

Windows Vista 32bit, BIOS update doesn't help, quickset is installed

Message Edited by Alchemikaz on 08-02-2008 01:27 PM

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 17th, 2009 23:00

Did anyone try going to Drivers and Downloads, enter your service tag number(Please do NOT post your service tag number here or your post will be deleted) and download and install Dell Quickset? Dell Quickset controls this function for Laptop computers.

Rick

3 Posts

January 18th, 2009 04:00

Yes, and the version on the D&D pages for my service tag were the same as the ones on my Drivers disk, and I'd installed them to no avail. The only thing that worked for me was downgrading the BIOS.

January 19th, 2009 05:00

Well, I finished with Dell Chat Support and they told me that A06 (for my 1535) should have fixed the problem.   However, they did un-install and re-install the Dell Quickset software.  That is what controls the MEDIA keys.   That worked!!!!!     until I formated a DVD-RW.  Then it stopped ejecting.   I redid the Quickset removal/install and it was fine until I actually wrote to the CD drive, then it failed.  

I have downloaded all of latest drivers, as the sticker on my wrapper recommendedm but to no avail.  I am starting to learn to live with it........ I am continuing my research.

If I discover something new, I will post it.

1 Message

February 17th, 2009 08:00

If you install windows xp XP you must use SATA normal mode in BIOS. If the OS is Vista the mode must be AHCI. If you have Vista installed with normal SATA mode in BIOS the eject function not work until you change it to AHCI. Before you change SATA mode you must change one value with regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci - "Start" to '0'. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976) After that all will work OK. I tested with A06 BIOS.

1 Message

February 20th, 2009 07:00

Bojo2 you’re a genius!! Thank you so much it worked flawlessly :emotion-2:

1 Message

February 24th, 2009 15:00

i have the same problem with the eject button. Customer serice did a BIOS upgrade from A05 to A06 and it did not fix the problem. and reloaded drivers and installed updates with no fix in site. So they are sending a tech out to replace the cd drive and the hinge cover. Is this going to fix this problem?

1 Message

March 2nd, 2009 12:00

It works on 100%! ! ! bojo2 thanks bro!

10 Posts

June 1st, 2009 18:00

Hate to say it but I have the same problem on my Dell Studio XPS 1640. The Touch Panel eject button doesn't work, right-mouse click in My Computer on the CDRom drive and click eject does. Ejection prior to windows loading also works.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I already have the SATA set to AHCI in bios with the appropriate registry setting as suggested earlier. I am currently running A07 bios but the previously shipped version A06 exhibited the same problem.

This is really disappointing that it's such a widespread problem and Dell seems to be doing nothing about it.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ifloyd

3 Posts

June 15th, 2009 19:00

I've got the same problem and circumstances as ifloyd, but  am running Vista Home Premium.  I updated to today's A08 release, but still no luck.  I haven't changed SATA to ACHI, though.

I don't think this is as widespread as you do; we represent less than 1% of all of the Studio XPS 1640 owners.

I'll have to contact support later to see what they have to say about this.  By the way, my system isn't even a month old yet, and this started happening a few days ago.

I'll be sure to keep in touch.

3 Posts

June 16th, 2009 07:00

I have a simple fix that seems to work wonders-

1. Download Ubuntu 9.04 http://www.ubuntu.com/ 

2. Uninstall Windows

3. Install Ubuntu

That seemed to fix the problem for me!

3 Posts

June 16th, 2009 08:00

AHA! I found out what the problem was. Just a plain ol' error ID: 10T. Although I had quickset installed, I had inadvertently blocked it from running at startup via msconfig.exe. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click the start button and type msconfig.exe into the search, or type it into Run if you're on XP.  Then go to the Startup tab and look to make sure the box next to QuickSet is checked. If you don't see QuickSet there, you may need to reinstall it or place the app in the Startup folder in Start>All Programs.  You should also see quickset in Task Manager under Processes.

I hope this helps.

1 Message

July 4th, 2009 12:00

Here is solution for this

http://blog.kristankenney.com/2009/06/11/how-to-fix-the-media-control-panel-on-a-dell-studio-153515361537/

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 8th, 2009 02:00

Dell Studio 1535 / 1537 Windows XP drivers All in one package (inclusive realy good working audio driver): http://depositfiles.com/files/szxbm8oz6 IDT 92HD73C1 Audio Driver WinXP (5.10.0.6162, A01) http://depositfiles.com/files/bparpz1kt Bonus: ATI Catalyst 9.7 WinXP for notebook: http://depositfiles.com/files/cxnov7p1h

27 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 05:00

Is there no emergency release for the slot load?  I have a xps 1330 with the most recent  bios (A10) and cd will not eject.  I can hear the the drive doing something, but cd will not come out.  I am ready to try a screwdriver and a hammer.

1 Message

November 9th, 2009 18:00

I was having the same problem as everyone else, eject button not working.  I had Installed Win7 fresh and I have the latest BIOS available from Dell.   The Dell Quickset worked for me.  Thanks.  Now if you can just get my Blu Ray player working.

Thanks.

No Events found!