Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2011 05:00

Studio 1535 does not boot - batt. status light flashes

Hello everyone,

when I try switching on my Dell Studio 1535 Laptop, the machine does nothing, exept a flashing battery status light as long as I press the power button.

The battery is fully charged (according to the built in indicator leds). Its a 85 Wh 9 cell battery.

If i wait a little and plug in the AC power, the battery LED indicates a normal charging process.(constant light, than turns off as batt. is full)

Again if I try to start the Laptop unplugged to the charger it doesnt do anything, not even a flashing LED.Only with the charger plugged in, the battery status light flashes standard green as long as I am holding down the power button and then again nothing.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Or does someone know where I can look up failure codes for the LED-behaviour? Couldnt find anything in neither the normal manual nor the service manual.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks so far.

3.8K Posts

November 1st, 2011 09:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Remove your battery from the system, and just try powering on with AC adapter. Check if the LED on the AC adapter goes off when its connected to the system. If it does then its a motherboard failure.

Thank you

Royan

1 Message

December 14th, 2011 14:00

I have a 1569 Studio that is doing the same sort of thing, and it will not start with battery removed & power cord attached, nor will it start on battery or battery and power cord.  The LED on the adapter (blue ring around the plug) stays lit whether plugged into laptop or not.   Can you offer any help here?

February 13th, 2012 17:00

Similar problem here.  I'll post a new thread, if necessary.  When the power cord is plugged in (on a Studio 1749), the power button light ring comes on and stays on, and the power cord blue ring is on and stays on.  However, the LED that is just above the cord jack on the main chassis flashes white three times and then stays dark.

1 Message

March 14th, 2012 20:00

I have a Studio 1555 and it is having the same problem.  Looking for help!!!

Thanks

1 Message

November 14th, 2012 20:00

I have a Studio 1749 having same problem. I replaced the battery. New battery booted the computer, but it is not charging. Help please.

1 Message

July 16th, 2013 06:00

NOTHINGNESS1535 WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 11-01-2011 5:52 AM:

Hello everyone,

when I try switching on my Dell Studio 1535 Laptop, the machine does nothing, exept a flashing battery status light as long as I press the power button.

The battery is fully charged (according to the built in indicator leds). Its a 85 Wh 9 cell battery.

If i wait a little and plug in the AC power, the battery LED indicates a normal charging process.(constant light, than turns off as batt. is full)

Again if I try to start the Laptop unplugged to the charger it doesnt do anything, not even a flashing LED.Only with the charger plugged in, the battery status light flashes standard green as long as I am holding down the power button and then again nothing.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Or does someone know where I can look up failure codes for the LED-behaviour? Couldnt find anything in neither the normal manual nor the service manual.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks so far.

1.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 01:00

Hi GMQ442,

There are no Beep code indicators for this system. You could run a built in hardware diagnostics to check for hardware issues. Please follow the steps below to run the diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer.

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the diagnostics.

You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

No Events found!