Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2011 15:00

Studio 1535 won't boot and hangs on start-up

I know there's tons of threads out there for the Studio 1535 laptop. But what a piece of junk. I've had nothing but problems with this thing.

First month I had it, the motherboard had to be changed out. 2 months later the sound board went out. Then 6 months into it the disc drive stopped working. 8 months after buying it it would shut itself down after 5 minutes of being on, I fixed all these things. Then it sat on my desk for 6 months. I started it back up and it ran for 2 months. Now it won't even start up. It freezes after the DELL logo comes up and the status bar completes loading says the memory has changed

This thing should be recalled. I haven't loaded very many programs on it so, it has to be the worthless hardware. I can't even get to the dos or the boot screen.

Is there anyway to fix this? It's just a paper weight as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe a major computer manufacturer would put out such an inferior product. Then have the nerve to charge outragous fees to get someone on the line that doesn't understand what I'm even saying. I've delt with computers for 20 years now and they tell me to power cycle the laptop. Don't you think I would've tried that first? I mean come on.

So, it powers on and off. The dell screen comes up and when it's done loading it just shows a cursor in the top left corner, that's it.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this at least to the safe mode. I've tried F2, F12, F8 all the F's. Tried booting from the recovery disk, and nothing.

No Responses!
No Events found!