Eugene_S
1 Copper

Studio 1537 LED screen flickering with low brightness level

Hi there,

I bought the new Studio laptop DS1537K20C75RM a few days ago. Everithing seemed to be fine untill 3 days ago when I was working in the evening. 

The screen is really bright! So I tryed to set the brightness to the lowes level. Suddenly I found that it flickers realy hard and it is easy to nitice!

It seems like the LED is flickering on a low brightness level. I was thinking that it shouldn't!

It is really hard to work in evening in such conditions!

Setting the brightness level to the maximum removes the flickering. I was trying to set the brightness down by the video card properties. It helps but in some reason these brightness settings do not affect the cursor! It just shines anyway! It seems like a workaround but I still hope to find a normal and official solution.

I really think that such a flickering affects my eyes. It is ugly!

Is it a general problem of all LED panels? Why does nobody say about that? I heard only the "great" and "exelent" words about LEDs and thats why I actually bought this model..

I'm open to hear your thoghts! And I hope to engage the technical guys here to explain what's going on with my laptop!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bigdarkmad
1 Nickel

Re: Studio 1537 LED screen flickering with low brightness level

Hello.
I have the problem, but not only on lowest but on Low Bright LevelS at all.

Studio 1737

It is really not good, and It cause eye strain.

I think It is faulty LCD display, because I have another Studio. The difference is clear like day and night.

I put both Studio's side by side and I compare them, and It is really huge difference not only in flicking, but in the colours too.

Till colours is not problem or not warranty problem, this easy noticable flicking must be covered under warranty.

0 Kudos
Eugene_S
1 Copper

Yeah, I put my one to the service center. The matrix and invertor are replaced and now it looks just fine!

I was worrying that this is just a technical limitation about the LED screens =)

Hooray, now it works fine!

0 Kudos
bigdarkmad
1 Nickel

Thank you for the information buddy.

Am i need to require the same thing - matrix and invertor replacement?

I already reinstall the whole Windows but the situation is  the same.

Sorry for the quesiton, but because I specially required my notebook Studio to be with lime green cover.

Is dell replace your cover as well?

Glad you are Ok now.

Hope I will have the same luck!

0 Kudos
kvandenbusch
1 Copper

RE: Studio 1537 LED screen flickering with low brightness level

What did that repair cost you?

0 Kudos