Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2009 22:00

Studio 1537 cannot restore factory settings

I have pushed the f8 button every way I can think, before the windows screen, after the dell splash, the whole time, and cannot get to the factory restore menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 9th, 2009 02:00

dave cook,

I think you tap F8 from a cold startup.

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

Rick

1 Message

January 25th, 2013 06:00

I have a Dell Studio 1537, it originally belonged to my sister, one of her employees tried to steal it but she was able to retrieve it.  She gave it to me about a year ago and it has her ex-emplyees name still in it, I have tried to remove it and so has dell tech support and we can't.  Now I have dll and/or registry errors, not sure if it has something going on, can't run my malware programs, update my security and such. Can't launch some of my programs or uninstall some programs I don't use.  I think I have something malicious in the system so I want to restore it to the original factory settings, problem is I don't have the disc that came with the computer.  Will I still be able to do the f11 to restore it or will I actually need the disc to do it?

1 Message

March 2nd, 2013 08:00

This worked for me! Thank you! using the link in rick's post, and Press f8 repeatedly.

No Events found!