Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2009 21:00

Studio 1555- Keyboard trouble.

I recently got a Studio 1555. I had trouble with my screen flickering, a dead pixel and a keyboard that seemed to no register key strokes once and awhile and required pressing keys multiple times before they would register. As a result I had they keyboard, motherboard, LCD kit and video card replaced. Screen flickering fixed. Keyboard problem not so much.

So, my question is, is anyone else experiencing keyboard problems and if so has a resolution been found?

10 Posts

September 1st, 2009 04:00

I recently got a Studio 1555. I had trouble with my screen flickering, a dead pixel and a keyboard that seemed to no register key strokes once and awhile and required pressing keys multiple times before they would register. As a result I had they keyboard, motherboard, LCD kit and video card replaced. Screen flickering fixed. Keyboard problem not so much.

So, my question is, is anyone else experiencing keyboard problems and if so has a resolution been found?

Yes I also have problems with keys not registering all the time, it's so frustrating typing and not seeing all the letters appear correctly. I am not sure if this is a design issue or just a fault with some of the keyboards? I am also keen to hear if anyone else has this problem.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2009 16:00

I purchased a Studio 1555 in July 2009. Yes, I too am having problems with keys not registering all the time. It's very frustrating typing and not seeing all the letters appear. I have noted that this is not an issue with software running on the laptop (Works) or during entry of this concern on the Dell community website.  Only seems to happen in my email at Hotmail or GMAIL in the reply mode.  I'm using IE8.  Any suggestions?

10 Posts

September 7th, 2009 01:00

I purchased a Studio 1555 in July 2009. Yes, I too am having problems with keys not registering all the time. It's very frustrating typing and not seeing all the letters appear. I have noted that this is not an issue with software running on the laptop (Works) or during entry of this concern on the Dell community website.  Only seems to happen in my email at Hotmail or GMAIL in the reply mode.  I'm using IE8.  Any suggestions?

Are you running Dell Dock? I've found that the problem is only happening on my wife's login and she was running dell dock, and then it only happens in IE8. So try exiting the dell dock and see if that helps. It worked for us.

1 Message

September 16th, 2009 06:00

Hey,
I recently got a 1555 aswell,

Problem I have are,
Dead Pixels on screen when it arrived (Screen Replaced after 2weeks)
A bit of keyboard Flexing
Keyboard which dont register keys all the time (Told dell and they are sending me a replacement Keyboard ive to fit my self  Which I cant really be botherd with, Not the best start and Ive had 7 dells (4laptops, 3 desktops) and this has been the worst, the 1555)
....knew i should have got the xps, Not happy with dell at the moment

After my screen got replaced the engineer broke the black plastic that surrounds the screen......great....

Ive stopped using the Dell dock, and it seems that has sorted the key stroke problem though, no real need for a repalcement keyboard, but oh well.

1 Message

October 15th, 2009 14:00

I am by no means an expert and experienced the same problem with my new laptop after just a few days in which time it kept updating everything. I spent ages replying to emails and on the phone to Dell tech support and one thing that was suggested was to remove Internet Explorer 7 and/or 8 depending on what I had and replace it with Firefox (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/). I have had no problems since.

6 Posts

October 28th, 2009 10:00

I had my keyboard replaced and the problem still occured. I also switched to Firefox and have NO problems at all.  Only happens with IE.

October 29th, 2009 08:00

Yes - my 1555 does the same. It's quite subtle - you just think it must be your typing but it definately missed keystrokes....

November 26th, 2009 07:00

Hi Maggie

I have the same problem whit LCD wled in Argentina. My Lcd has been replaced, but still flickering.

You can give me any details of the replace you received? number of a piece, model or brand anything

4.6K Posts

November 26th, 2009 12:00

It wasn't Maggie who had her screen replaced Diego. 

It was ScottyM45 (two posts above Maggie's), and that user hasn't posted on the forums since then, so you're unlikely to get a reply from them :emotion-6:

You might want to try getting tech support/advice on one or other of the following two sites instead:

Site 1 / Site 2.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on :emotion-5:

November 26th, 2009 18:00

It wasn't Maggie who had her screen replaced Diego. 

It was ScottyM45 (two posts above Maggie's), and that user hasn't posted on the forums since then, so you're unlikely to get a reply from them Sad

If I understand correctly, Maggie who started this forum could fix the flickering screen when they changed LCD, I wonder if he has the same screen I have (D669J Liquid Crystal Display 15.6HDF, Light Emitting Diode True Life LG Philips LCD WLED 720p). Please, i need help!

1 Message

July 20th, 2010 15:00

I purchased my Studio 1555 in the Fall 2009.  I am experiencing problems mostly with the letter "t" on the keyboard.  Most everytime I hit the "t" it slips me into italicizing if I am writing an email or opens a new tab if I'm on Firefox.  I spent hours on the phone with a Dell Support and they sent me a new keyboard.  Replaced the keyboard and still have the same problem.  Has anyone discovered a solution?  It's most frustrating.  At times, I too, have key strokes that don't react.

3 Posts

July 20th, 2010 17:00

I sent my computer in about 10 mo. ago.anotying ..when you are typing and starts typing in the wrong araes causing much veyr misplelled words It came back with the keyboard unattached. Contacted dell service was told to take it to someone else. After doing so, many of the keys will stick and squeak. That cost me $135. @ a local computer repair center. Your best bet is if you have not had it to long, take it back to where you bought it.  The worst thing about this squeaky keyboard it si very ...well  they may have a service tec h that can fix the situation for. good luck.

1 Message

October 8th, 2012 14:00

I have a Dell Studio 1735 vintage 2008 which has been giving me lots of trouble for months due to line of keys F1 - 2 - w - s - x  not working intermittently. Just read these posts and it suddenly dawned on me that the problem started around the time I stopped using Firefox due to youtube play problems. I had just about given up on the keys and spoke to Dell who said I need a new keyboard and hard drive but after seeing post switched back to Firefox and lo and behold keyboard working again (hope it lasts - lol)  Amazing !  I really believe this is a known software problem with Dell because in searching for a solution I have seen too many with same or similar problem. It was impossible for the problem to come and go as it did without any mechanical disturbance for it to be labelled a "keyboard" problem by Dell let alone bad sectors on hard drive. Dell should come clean on this and then advise their Indian call centres to respond appropriately instead of simply attempting to derive maximum repair revenue.

No Events found!