Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 11th, 2010 16:00

Studio 1558 Broadband network configuration problems

Hello,

I'm trying to get my broadband network adapter (3G) configured on my new dell laptop, and I can't do that. I think I've installed all of drivers from drivers download section, but still have yellow icon in broadband manager (device doesn't respond). I'm starting to be afraid that there is no broadband adapter installed in my laptop. Can anybody help me with this issue?

thanks in advance,

Michael

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 11th, 2010 16:00

Did you order an internal WWAN card?  Or is this an external card?  What model card?  What model system?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 11th, 2010 18:00

I've bought laptop in local store, so it was pre-configured and I've ordered no hardware. As far as I remember there was WWAN card in specs. Laptop model is Dell Studio 1558 (210-30963-Blue). Is there a way to check WWAN card existance? And also, I thought that SIM-card slot under battery tells me that card is installed, isn't it?

A SIM card slot means nothing without the WWAN card. Download a manual and verify the existence of the card. Given that a WWAN card costs an extra $125, I rather doubt that your laptop has it.

4 Posts

August 11th, 2010 18:00

I've bought laptop in local store, so it was pre-configured and I've ordered no hardware. As far as I remember there was WWAN card in specs. Laptop model is Dell Studio 1558 (210-30963-Blue). Is there a way to check WWAN card existance? And also, I thought that SIM-card slot under battery tells me that card is installed, isn't it?

4 Posts

August 11th, 2010 19:00

So, SIM card slot can be just a slot without any hardware connected to it? Can you tell me where I can download this manual?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 11th, 2010 20:00

The SIM socket is there whether or not you purchased a WWAN card.  It is connected to the system board.  The manuals are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1558/en/index.htm

4 Posts

August 12th, 2010 04:00

ok, thanks, seems like there is no wwan card installed. thanks for your help.

December 19th, 2010 17:00

The SIM socket is there whether or not you purchased a WWAN card.  It is connected to the system board.  The manuals are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1558/en/index.htm

It helps me out of the problem, The link you provided is very useful.
No Events found!