Highlighted
JLT1983
1 Copper

Studio 1558 Wireless Problems - Not finding a Wireless device to connect to

Hi there,

I set up my new Studio 1558 yesterday and I was looking all good until after a couple restarts when it stoped finding any wireless devices to connect to. I have 2 other laptops and 2 mobile phones and they could find decives connect to. Having some idea about PCs, it seems that it is more a hardware problem than a software problem but I may be totally wrong. I have checked for driver updates but that seems all good too.

I re-installed Win 7 and The Drivers with the supplied DVD's but that hasn't seem to solved the problem. I have also read some stuff on the  forums and noticed similar problems. I tried all read solutions but non has actually solved it. Can somebody please help me as this lapton is only 1 day old and it has started causing me problems.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Studio 1558 Wireless Problems - Not finding a Wireless device to connect to

Did you set up your Internet Connection on the new computer in Network and Sharing Center? That should walk you through connecting to your wireless router. Contact support and they will help you since the computer is new. You should not have reinstalled windows without contacting Support. They can help you reset to Factory Settings.

This forum is not Dell Support, just a user to user forum.

0 Kudos
JLT1983
1 Copper

Basically it found the router as I was setting up Wın7 for the first time and that was pratically the only time. It  does not make any sense as it originally found it and then just decided to not find or see any sort of wireless device.  The Dell support was closed and told me to wait until Monday morning so I had to take some sort action as I needed to connect to the internet.

0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

Reset the network by turning off the computers, unplug the electric power from the modem and router. Then first plug in the power to the broadband modem and wait a minute or 2 until all the lights are working. Then plug in the power to the router and wait  again while it communicates with the modem. Then turn on the computer and see if you can connect. Sometimes that's all it takes to get connected again. Look in Network Connections to make sure the wireless is enabled. Run through the Network & Sharing Center again.

If you still need help, you should post in the Networking Forum. Some really good help available there. Just explain more about the type of connection and hardware you have.

0 Kudos