Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2013 17:00

Studio 1569 Battery

My computer is telling me I need a new battery, and on the battery it says to go to www.dell.com/notebookbatteries, and apparently dell doesn't sell any batteries for my computer. Battery type YY9RM. So how am I suppose to buy a new battery? This doesn't seem to make any sense. Shouldn't Dell sell batteries for their own computers? Without the battery my computer is useless, and if I have to buy a new one because of this issue, I can guarantee I won't be buying another dell because I can't be sure that I'll be able to replace parts later.

2K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 18:00

Hi benpw77,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the Dell studio 1569 batteries are not in stock and we don’t have an estimated timeframe for the same. You may contact any Retail/electronic store to buy a compatible battery.

If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 19:00

What would a compatible battery be?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 07:00

1 Message

March 19th, 2014 09:00

I am having the same problem. I need a new battery for my Studio 1569 (#YY9RM). I tried adapter.cc...no luck. Only can place in wish list...but can't actually order. If a battery is no longer available anywhere please just tell us. I can't believe that Dell would do this on a computer that is only 3 1/2 years old. I purchased the 3 year warranty but am now outside of that, of course. Please help Dell...if not...this also will be my last Dell computer. Very bad business model... sell computer..then don't sell replacement batteries. I hope this is not the case. I have been a loyal Dell fan/consumer for years.

8 Posts

May 15th, 2014 23:00

Good luck trying to find a battery for this laptop.  Apparently Dell used this battery only for this model and nobody - not even Dell - seems to carry it.  I've been looking for 2 years without any luck.

A while back I had seen some places that offered to refurbish your battery, but you would have to send it in and wait weeks to get it back.  In addition - this service was over $100.  I'm not sure if the laptop is worth it.

I'm thinking of refurbishing it myself by purchasing lithium ion cells, cracking open the battery, and replacing them myself.  This seems like the only option.

1 Message

July 27th, 2014 20:00

Hi Dell, 

It's now 14 months later. Are you ever going to offer a replacement battery for the Dell Studio 1569?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Message

August 2nd, 2014 09:00

Just go to Google or any search and enter the battery type and you will find many 3rd parties that will have the battery.  The cheapest I saw it was around $98.  But I agree - Dell should sell the battery.   I have been getting the message to replace my battery for about a year.  Battery still works, so I am keeping my $98 until I really feel I need the battery

8 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 12:00

I already tried those vendors. They took my order just to refund me a few days later because the didn't have it in stock. 

They're a few places that will replace the cells but you would have to send them you're existing battery.

I can't believe Dell had not stocked this battery for years.

3 Posts

October 27th, 2014 05:00

-

2 Posts

October 27th, 2014 09:00

Hi,

All of us still need a battery Mr. Dell Support.

Please email techies now!

-Cody

2 Posts

October 27th, 2014 09:00

This makes two of us today.

Does anyone have the specs on what we need to do our own rebuild? I mean what cells. The 169$ rebuild says it uses Panasonic cells. Any success anyone? Thanks. 

Looks like dell ripped off my pregnant wife 3 years ago!

3 Posts

October 27th, 2014 10:00

-

8 Posts

October 27th, 2014 10:00

I've been considering rebuilding the battery myself but have been hesitant because my existing battery still has some capacity.  Anyone with a success story please post.  A good laptop at the time but Dell really screwed us over with the battery.

3 Posts

December 5th, 2014 03:00

-

1 Message

May 24th, 2015 14:00

I agree completely; I have tried for many months now Dell tells me to check back in 2 weeks, but for the past 2 months they are not stocking , so my computer is worthless without a reliable battery; Why would Dell sell a product and not stock a battery replacement?

No Events found!