adam.kitchen
1 Copper

Re: Studio 17 Keyboard problem (solved already)

This did work at first, but no longer does for mine!  Has anyone else had this "fix" no longer work for them and found any ways to solve.  It's my Enter, Forward slash, and backspace keys.  Please let me know if you know of a way to fix it.  I've tried both draining the flea power and restarting with both the battery in and with out it.   Thanks!

0 Kudos
perreard
1 Copper

Problem: keyboard stopped responding, mouse pad, mouse working on a less than 6 months olf Studio XPS 16.

Answer: was provide by the post below. Thank you! It worked.

Bricorn wrote the following post at 12-13-2008 5:38 PM:

So, if anyone has similar problems, try draining the flea power - power down the laptop, disconnect everything, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, then put it all back together and power it up.

I hope that this helps someone.

0 Kudos
alvestein
1 Copper

I actually registered as a dell community member just so i could thank you! Only had my studio 1500 for about half a year and sometimes it turns off by itself ( i assume its overheating, i game alot) and this time when i started it back up the keyboard wasn't working. just thought you should know that you saved me alot of trouble and that you are already more tech savvy than most of the "techs" dell hire!

0 Kudos
howbya
1 Copper

What a crazy fix...but I love IT. Fixed my DVD burner too. Dell owes you thousands of dollars in saved support calls!!!

0 Kudos
GlowStick
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem as OP. Keys randomly stop working all the time and I have to type in notepad to get them working in other applications again. Keyboard seems to act like CNTL key is pressed until I do so. When I first got my Studio 1737 I sent it back to fix the creaky palmrest and figured that maybe they seated the keyboard wrong. I'll try this though. Hopefully it works for me too.

0 Kudos
GlowStick
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem as OP. Keys randomly stop working all the time and I have to type in notepad to get them working in other applications again. Keyboard seems to act like CNTL key is pressed until I do so. When I first got my Studio 1737 I sent it back to fix the creaky palmrest and figured that maybe they seated the keyboard wrong. I'll try this though. Hopefully it works for me too.

I was skeptical that this would work in my case but I tried it and sure enough it worked for me too! Woohoo, I'm so happy. Ty. The problem was not mechanical after all.

I hope that Dell techs get an advisory on this to better serve their customers as I can only  imagine the frustration of having to resolve this problem if they're not aware of this great trick.

0 Kudos
tanejayoung
1 Copper

Another thank you, thank you, thank you! I signed up on this forum just to tell you thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy I wasbeginning to think that I'd have to go into Dell to fix this problem. I'm relieved that I don't. Saved me time and money! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
kbcarps
1 Copper

Hi, Bricorn!

I don't know you, but you are my hero.  I work from home building websites, and my keyboard suddenly stopped working this morning.  I checked the drivers, did a system restore, etc. etc. and nothing worked.  When I found your post, I decided to give it a shot, and here I am typing this on my working keyboard!!  Since I have some deadlines soon and was convinced that I was going to have to put my computer in the shop for a repair, I was less than happy about the whole prospect.  My clients and I both thank you!!!!!!! 

Thanks again for posting something you had already solved.

Karen

http://guppyfishweb.com

0 Kudos
kalireads
1 Copper

I am such a total non-technical computer user and didn't expect this to work - but it really did! I too have signed up just to say thanks - especially as I am expecting a whole big chunk of work in the next couple of days. So, really, a big BIG 'thank you'.

0 Kudos
edonaldson2k
1 Copper

Wow--thank you so very much!  It's worked....so far!

0 Kudos