Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

December 27th, 2008 13:00

Studio 1735 cannot connect to HP Officejet J6415 Wirelessly

Hi,

I've recently bought my laptop, in the last three months, and a few weeks after receiving it I had to buy a new printer.

While the printer registers on my wireless network and my ACER laptop can use with out any problems, my DELL cannot.

I've tried repeatedly reinstalling the HP software, but it makes no difference.

I've been in touch with HP and because they couldn't solve the problem they replaced the printer, but it hasn't made any difference.

My DELL laptop cannot print or scan to my printer.

Its a Studio 1735 with Vista Home Premium.

1 Message

January 1st, 2009 17:00

You might want to try this . . . First, make sure the Dell works with the printer when connected with a printer cable.  That will verify the drivers are correct. 

Then disconnect the printer cable and check the printer port settings on both computers.  To do this go to Ctrl Panel, Printers and right-click on HP printer icon.  From the drop down window select properties.  Then select the Port tab and see which printer ports are checked.  The same ones should be checked on the Dell as are on the Acer.

January 2nd, 2009 02:00

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I have just tried all you suggest again.

I've actually been through the configuration of the printer with HP. They assumed it was a faulty printer and sent me a new one.

Unfortunately the new one is only slightly better.

If I plug in the USB cable I can print, which I coudn't before. This is my work around I suppose. But my Acer has no such problems, so it must be something to do with my Dell.

Regards, Niall...

8 Posts

August 8th, 2011 12:00

dwcdqawdq

56 Posts

August 9th, 2011 06:00

actually i have the same problem with an hp printer. the only way i got it to work was to connect to it with another computer. enable printer shareing on that computer, then connect to the printer thats shared with my dell.  strange but worked.

No Events found!