Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Studio 1737 DPC Latency

Hi, all.

Just returning from vacation. I gotta get ramped up on this issue again. Without checking my bloated inbox for latency messages from the engineers, I can say the next fix we are waiting on is 1737. Once that gets proven and  posted, we should see the rest of the affected systems rolling out in quick succession. 1555 is on my list. I'm still looking for an update in the Dell 1515 draft N driver that should finish off Studio XPS 13 latency issues.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

SO, Yesterday I hooked up my laptop to my new plasma tv to see if I could use the HDMI port to view/hear stuff from my laptop.

It was fine for about three minutes.  Then my laptop made a horrible vibrating sound and the laptop shot up a warning on the screen really fast.  It was saying something about DPC and Kernels and that it had to shut down windows to prevent damage to the computer.

So, I have known that  I have issues with sound and USB data transfer in relation to DPC latency.

But this is a whole new thing, I also cannot use the laptop's HDMI out for anything because of DPC issues? 

Can someone tell me why I can't get a refund?

-I'll say it again, this $1500 piece of junk hasn't worked from day one and dell should be refunding and recalling ALL affected computers.  This is ridiculous!

Bill, who do I talk to about returning this?  I can't take it anymore.  I demand a FULL refund!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yikes. I can't say I've had that problem with mine. Watching tv through the HDMI port actually works quite well. And since I'm not doing much music production I have a lot more time to watch steaming video.:emotion-40:

0 Kudos
steved2222
1 Copper

Hi Bill B.

I am a Dell Vostro 1510 laptop owner with DPC latency caused by the ACPI Battery Control Method (I know because when I disable it, live streaming TV via a USB tuner is fine).

I am in New Zealand. Dell support for this region said they had never heard of the issue even though I kept pointing them to this forum.

Dell have offered me a full refund.

Two questions:

1/ how do I know that if I buy a new laptop with the same money it won't have the same problem?

2/ If I keep the current laptop, where in your priority list is fixing the Vostro's?

Thx

0 Kudos

Bill, thanks for all the support. You have been extremely helpful.

0 Kudos
Happy Dayz
6 Indium

Hi Bill,

I hope you had a lovely vacation.

Quick question for ya:

Am I correct in thinking that the 1537 (my laptop) and the 1737 contain the same hardware apart from the screen sizes?

If so, does this mean the fix for the 1537 will be the same as the fix for the 1737 and so will be released at the same time?  Do they use exactly the same BIOS updates?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Bill,

Why is it that your tech support knows nothing about this?  Why is it that they refuse to refund my money for a system that has not worked since the first second It was created in your factories?  Why am I told it is my fault when I am on the phone with them?  Why are they having me unscrew my laptop and take it apart?  Why did they have me do something which ultimately led to my computer crashing and losing all of it's data?

I want my money back, you people have had long enough to diagnose and treat this issue.  Your company is using deceptive practices to get purchases and they are giving the run-around to anyone calling tech support, either because A) They have no clue because upper level people are keeping this information from them, so refunds for computers wont be given.  B)  They know about it, but are told not to address the issue so they don't admit that ALL OF THESE COMPUTERS HAVE ISSUES BEYOND FIXING. C)  They are just stupid third world idiots who speak broken english and are told an exact script of what to say whenever anyone calls with a problem for anything!

Last night I spent 3 hours and 20 minutes on the phone trying to describe the problem to customer service, who then sent me to tech support to talk to Jasmine (a broken english asian who had no business being in her position, an utter idiot).  Who would not refund my money for this (broken from day 1) laptop.  Who proceeded to tell me that the only way it would be fixed was if I reinstalled the operating system.  I TOLD HER NO.  WHICH SHE WAS TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND.  She then had me try to update drivers (which I told her was not the problem and wouldn't fix it, but she insisted).  Installing the drivers crashed the computer (AN ERROR)and she told me I needed to perform a test on the hardware (which was fine).  She then took control of my computer remotely to install the drivers herself because she thought I couldn't do it right, and the computer completly crashed.  In order to TRY AND GET ANYTHING OFF OF MY HARD DRIVE, My laptop is supposed to go to a remote technician who will try and get my data off the drive.  (I WAS TOLD BY JASMINE NOT TO EXPECT ANYTHING GOOD FROM THIS).  After which I am to get the laptop back and then take it apart to fix the KEYBOARD WHICH IS NO LONGER NOTICED BY THE COMPUTER and reinstall the operating system (which we ALL know will do nothing.)

At the end of all of this, Jasmine informed me that your computers are down, (WHICH I DON"T BELIEVE BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE  THEY ARE DOWN EVERY TIME IVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH TECH SUPPORT, another deceptive lie, so this doesn't have to be documented, I was told I've never called tech support about any issue (JOKE)) And this 3 hour and 20 minute conversation ended with her telling me she would send me an e-mail with all of the information regarding our tech support session, WHICH NEVER CAME TO MY E-MAIL.

So after 3 hours and 20 minutes of trying to get a refund, I now have a completley broken computer and NO DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE IT WAS YOUR COMPANY.

And FINALLY,To EVERYONE WHO KEEPS THANKING BILL HERE IS THE GREATEST.  This forum is a community forum and the contents in here mean nothing (TOLD TO ME BY JASMINE).   Your efforts Bill, are undocumented, unknown, and Possibly not real, as your company will not admit that what you do in these community forums even exists!!!!

Everyone needs to be trying to return these computers for a FULL REFUND.  I am now going to call DELL to ask them why I never received an e-mail from last night.  I will not stop until my money is returned. 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I have just confirmed that your tech support has NO record of last nights 3 hour and 20 minute destruction of that laptop.

0 Kudos
deepspace
6 Indium

Hi Bill,

I hope you had a lovely vacation.

Quick question for ya:

Am I correct in thinking that the 1537 (my laptop) and the 1737 contain the same hardware apart from the screen sizes?

If so, does this mean the fix for the 1537 will be the same as the fix for the 1737 and so will be released at the same time?  Do they use exactly the same BIOS updates?

Many thanks!

hi Happy Dayz,

i started a new thread regarding studio 1537 as suggested by Bill

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19292883/19552612.aspx

/edit

i see you're already there.. emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jammbrose
6 Indium

Jamboe,

This is exactly the same as my experiences with Dell customer support.  I opted to try and resolve my issues through chat which is good in the sense that you have a concrete record of the interaction.  This being said, I personally have concrete proof of 3 promised call backs from Dell support regarding this issue, none of which happened.

jared  

0 Kudos