Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2012 09:00

Studio 1747 - Ready for Windows 8?

I'm needing some help determining if the Studio 1747 laptop I currently use with Windows 7 (64 bit) is compatable with Windows 8? I tried updating the hardware previously using the Windows 8 preview, but the install died. For the most part, drivers should be no issue, but want to know if someone has already done this.

Thanks.

943 Posts

October 19th, 2012 09:00

Hi

The following pages list Dell computers that have been tested by Dell for support of Windows 8. For any issues or query related to windows 8 upgrade please click on the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/OgPlyC

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

November 12th, 2012 18:00

I'm quite happy with W7, but being the curious type and considering the cost of the upgrade; would like to try Windows 8 on my Dell Studio 1747. I have 8 on my PC and don't think it any more demanding than 7, but am a bit dubious about going ahead with the install on my laptop. So if you go for it; how about posting back  on your success.

14 Posts

November 13th, 2012 19:00

I may not have this right, but it looks like the Dell 1747 was tested here; blogs.msdn.com/.../experiencing-windows-8-touch-on-windows-7-hardware.aspx

1 Message

November 19th, 2012 09:00

Installed on my Studio 1747. Only things not supported was the dell wireless Bluetooth 365, and the free fall sensor. Found a driver that made my Bluetooth work on another forum. running it on 8 GB or ram and with a SSD. Starts and shuts down in less than a minute! :emotion-4:

too bad i don't have touch screen :emotion-6:

14 Posts

November 19th, 2012 11:00

Installed 8 on my 1747 and am very pleased with it; everything works and it's a way faster rebooting. The only modification I did was to stop hibernating; the reason being my start button has been mis-behaving and am concerned that one time it's not going to start / boot up. So I leave it on all the time and use sleep mode.:emotion-2:

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 03:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                        

No Events found!