Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MR

February 17th, 2010 12:00

Studio XPS 16 - Power problem.

I was planning on purchasing a fully decked Studio XPS 16 this Friday with my tax return.  Doing research on the Studio XPS 16 today I read the customization information about this laptop on Dells website and wondered why there wasn't an option to purchase this laptop with an rgb LED screen.  Doing further research I stumbled upon a design flaw the Laptop suffers from and all the headaches people have with the current power adapter supplied with the laptop, the bios, the over heating, throttling, screen flickering as-well as the struggle nearly all of them had with getting tech support to acknowledge the problem and provide the new adapter that is needed to power the laptop safely with out throttling it. 

Here is the link - http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19306277.aspx

I was extremely serious about purchasing one this Friday but all I can say is "Hell No" unless this power adapter/bios problem is no longer an issue. 

I would like to know if the current Studio XPS 16 laptops currently being manufactured still have the issues that the previous ones have such as the throttling, wrong adapter, over heating, and poor bios. Do they still come with the 90w power adapter (making me go through tech support for a new one) or has Dell learned its lesson and switched it for the 130w instead and change the mother board to avoid the hardware limitations the old Studio XPS 16 suffers from?

If they no longer have these issues then the next question would be has the issue with the rgb LED screen and i7 processor been solved?  (see link for more info)

If so why is there no option for it when you are configuring your laptop, will it be available again in the near future?

Any help to clarify the issues this laptop is suffering from would be very much appreciated.

--M

[Poll]
No Responses!
No Events found!