atout001
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem but my computer is new...  less than a week.

I have a XPS 15 (L502X).

It's like it was a problem with the processor because the problem appended most of the time when i launch 3/4 programs with music and everything freezes for 1 seconde and the sound buzz.

Did someone try to reinstall a new clean Windows without anything? or someone contact the support?

0 Kudos
BSteele92
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Guess what guys? I've got an Alienware M17x with the same exact issue. I've been hung up on by Dell Alienware Support 4 times in a row now. Sure wish someone would figure this out, highly irritating.

0 Kudos
atout001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I made a little test and my problem come with the processor. When the music buzz the CPU total go up to 100%. I don't have a lot of applications who is on.

0 Kudos
ThePine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yeah, the same thing happened with my CPU.  I've been trying to find exactly what is causing the spikes, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Also, looks like the problem isn't isolated with the Inspiron 1545.

0 Kudos
BSteele92
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Your CPU may be jumping due to another issue though. Hard to tell what the cause is, the CPU 100% is just an effect.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I ran the CPU Spike test, Mine only spikes at the Most 19%, on the bad one... mostly I get 3-6 of these stuttering, buzzing, clanking sounds per song. Makes me wonder if this is a CPU Problem, or a Motherboard one, I will continue to investigate this further, BEFORE I contact Dell, When I do, I have saved all board messages to forward to them, When I contact them, I bypass support and send the email to the Admin Part, it seems to get them jumping and acting quicker too.... stay in touch.

0 Kudos
BSteele92
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Are you guys by any chance using McAfee Antivirus?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I use MS Security Essentials, and Windows Firewall. That Does the job very well for me. Protected good. No Viruses at all in the last year.

0 Kudos
atout001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am using McAfee SecurityCenter (the one givent with my laptop).

Do you think McAfee is the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ThePine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I as well am using McAfee, as it came with the laptop.

I have heard that it's a bit of a power hog, but I tried disabling it before and it didn't help.  I haven't uninstalled it yet, though, so I might try that later.

0 Kudos