BSteele92
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Well, I also have the pre-installed McAfee. I thought that it may be the common factor, but Mick doesn't seem to follow that pattern.

0 Kudos
ThePine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So I tried uninstalling both McAfee and Dell DataSafe, and have not seen any improvement.  Could the problem possibly be a program that comes preinstalled with everyone's computer?

0 Kudos
BSteele92
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Seeing as how all recent Dell computers are subject to this issue, I think so.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The Only Two Preinstalled Programs are: Cozi, McAfee Security Suite, and Roxio Easy CD-DVD Burning. When I First did the Factory Restore, I immediatly removed Cozi and McAfee before doing anything else whatsoever, Then I installed Updates from MS. I kept Roxio on there because I have used it for years and never seem to have an issue with Roxio. Maybe I Should try uninstalling Roxio and See. Don't Know. I am leaning toward doing a complete Hard Drive Format, erasing the Restore Partition, and Doing a New Clean Install of MS Win 7 Home Premium x64, and see if that does it, and if it does, then continue to Dell Site to download Drivers, regular stuff I use etc.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Also Dell Drivers and Downloads had a Hotfix or Patch for DataSafe, that said it stops the "Stuttering of Music Playing", I tried that to no avail, so it didn't help at all. Removed DataSafe and hotfix patch both. I have the DataSafe install program if I ever want to put it back on.... This is getting annoying too. It takes me about Two to Eight Hours once restore or fresh install, just to download MS Updated and Put My Programs back on... May be worth it though.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Guys, Bear with Me a Day or So, I am going ahead with the fresh install, and will update you when I am done..

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos
ThePine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

OK, good luck Mick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

emoticon.Geeked.title

I am Back, and For Sure, SMILING, I did a complete Hard Drive Wipe, Format, and Installed the DELL Home Premium Window 7 x64 from my Disk. And the Sound Problem is GONE...

Now, From My Years of being a A+ Technician, I have noticed that One Solution may not be a fix to multiple Computers, or Peoples problems, I am posting this, because My Problem has been resolved. Good Luck to you all, and let me know if I can be of some assistance to anyone. My problem definitely was NOT a hardware issue, but a corrupted driver, MS Update or something else Non-Hardware related. I will do a System Restore Point before doing any MS Updates or Installs of anykind. I will find the Culprit that has caused this Issue.

Mick Barker Sr.

ThePine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Wow, awesome!  I was hoping to avoid doing a fresh install, but I'm more confident now that it worked for you 🙂

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That is one reason I never download MS Updates for Dell Laptops or Desktops, they mean well, but they are not the ones who make the components or Hardware used by Dell Machines. Congrats mao.tsetung

0 Kudos