Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2011 15:00

Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Hi,

Recently I've been having some problems playing back any sort of media.  At regular intervals the audio will freeze/skip for a second and make a loud grinding noise, then resume.  This happens with music, streaming videos, games, pretty much everything.  If I'm watching a video or playing a game, the screen will freeze for a second, then resume.

I'm using an Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 64-bit, SP1.

I've tried everything I could think of, updating all my drivers, reinstalling codecs, running anit-virus, and cleaning out my system.  I've found that sometimes the lag corresponds to spikes in my DPC latency, but sometimes they don't, and I can't find out what's causing the spikes.  I've tried most of the solutions here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/p/19142484/19265470.aspx#19265470 ,but nothing seems to have helped, and I'm getting a bit desperate. 

Any ideas?

November 30th, 2011 07:00

Anytime My Friend. DELL Won't help us, So We help Each Other...

3 Posts

November 30th, 2011 08:00

Sir,

The community talks about

Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller (released in June, 2011)

I don't find any such driver update in my Computer.

Also I tried installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology via file it says it does not meet "minimum requirement"  for  my system.

Stuttering exist.

Configuration

Inspiron 6400 Intel Core TM(2) CPU  T5300

I Using Windows 7 32 bit OS

Regards,

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 30th, 2011 17:00

I don't find any such driver update in my Computer.

I'm not sure but i don't remember seeing Rapid Storage Technology back when the Inspiron 6400 came out.  I think it began (as a download) on models with SATA drives, whereas I believe the i6400 had an IDE/ATA drive. Somebody correct me if I am wrong -- this is not my area.

Try the tips in Choppy/Skipping Audio Workarounds

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 30th, 2011 17:00

Anytime My Friend. DELL Won't help us, So We help Each Other...

:emotion-21:

November 30th, 2011 19:00

Can You Go to Support, Drivers and Downloads, and get the Original Configuration for Your PC, and Post the details here, or email them to me so I can I.D. Your Controller Please.

Thanks,

Mick

November 30th, 2011 19:00

The Original Stuttering Problems that were discussed here began for the Model of Inspiron 1545's. However, You are having the same stuttering problem, I am assuming we have had. Jim is right, the ICH9M were not made nor designed for the 6400 Inspiron Series. Let me research some, will Post asap.

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2011 22:00

Sir,

Mailed you my configuration, in case, <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> for your reference.

Regards,

December 1st, 2011 00:00

This is the Alternative Fix for Newer Driver of Your Graphics Controller, ONLY IF THE VISTA One Does NOT Work:

If the Problem continues, then Intel has the Updated driver for Window 7 32bit, more recent version of : 10/02/2009

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2301&DwnldID=18223&ProductFamily=Internet+Devices&ProductLine=Netbooks&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+945GM+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

Same process, Install, Complete Reboot, then check video's and songs, Let me know,

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

The Last Two Replies from Me is for Member Upload ONLY, for his particular Service Tag, and Graphics Controller .

OK Upload, Thanks for the Response, Your Graphics Controller for the Original Vista 32 Bit OS is:

Intel 945GM Graphics Controller and it is an OLD One, updated by Dell on 3/24/2008. So Go Here, and Download this Driver from INTEL, the makers of your Graphics Controller:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

This One is Dated : 7/3/2008 and is the LATEST Update for that controller you have. After You have downloaded it and installed it, and rebooted the Laptop, Let the laptop load up completely after reboot, then check your songs, then go on to Youtube and pull a random Video Song, and See if it is Corrected it or Not, Post back with the results PLEASE.

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 22:00

I can't thank you enough!  As a non-techie, I was able to download the driver and fix this super-annoying issue.  There's no way I'd have been able to do any of the trouble shooting you did.  A million and one thank yous for helping so  many of us resolve this issue.  

3 Posts

December 5th, 2011 04:00

Sir,

I am using Windows 7 32 bit. I tried installing both drivers, Right now my laptop works on the last one you mentioned.

They both got installed, still the sound was same.

I will format my laptop and install orignal vista / drivers, then see what happens. It will take a month, as the CD s are not with me.

In case you suggest another driver, fine. Else I will contact after I do the same hit try test you did.

Regards,

December 5th, 2011 12:00

Upload,

Please Do Not Call Me Sir, I am a User Like You, and am Only here to help, because I know how it is to be left hanging by some Support Team that usually cannot figure their own stuff out, let alone help us. I had to do a reformat on my Laptop, and it cured the problem, Not saying that it will Yours, the benefit of reformatting your PC is you will restore it to factory settings, which will refresh your PC and Give you a clean start again. I am limited to helping you with your Problem, Not knowing the Model you use, I am not familiar enough with that Model to go any further than what I have. Let me know how the reformat goes, and good luck to you.

Thank You,

Mick Barker Sr.

4 Posts

December 9th, 2011 22:00

I am so thankful i found this thread.  I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem with my husband's 1545.  This is the exact issue he is having and I'm glad to see there is a solution, however, whenever I click on any of the links to fix the driver problem it says "Page not found".  I have tried manually searching the Intel site for the driver and it doesn't seem to be available any longer.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this driver issue?

5 Posts

December 12th, 2011 11:00

I have the same problem with N5110, I tried updating the IDE Controller driver, but didn't help, I also tried uninstalling it, but the problem still occurs.

Can you please help me?

No Events found!