Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Anytime My Friend. DELL Won't help us, So We help Each Other...

0 Kudos
upload
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sir,

The community talks about

Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller (released in June, 2011)

I don't find any such driver update in my Computer.

Also I tried installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology via file <iata_enu_10.6.0.1022.exe> it says it does not meet "minimum requirement"  for  my system.

Stuttering exist.

Configuration

Inspiron 6400 Intel Core TM(2) CPU  T5300

I Using Windows 7 32 bit OS

Regards,

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

I don't find any such driver update in my Computer.

I'm not sure but i don't remember seeing Rapid Storage Technology back when the Inspiron 6400 came out.  I think it began (as a download) on models with SATA drives, whereas I believe the i6400 had an IDE/ATA drive. Somebody correct me if I am wrong -- this is not my area.

Try the tips in Choppy/Skipping Audio Workarounds

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Anytime My Friend. DELL Won't help us, So We help Each Other...

emoticon.Yes.title

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The Original Stuttering Problems that were discussed here began for the Model of Inspiron 1545's. However, You are having the same stuttering problem, I am assuming we have had. Jim is right, the ICH9M were not made nor designed for the 6400 Inspiron Series. Let me research some, will Post asap.

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can You Go to Support, Drivers and Downloads, and get the Original Configuration for Your PC, and Post the details here, or email them to me so I can I.D. Your Controller Please.

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos
upload
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sir,

Mailed you my configuration, in case, <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> for your reference.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

OK Upload, Thanks for the Response, Your Graphics Controller for the Original Vista 32 Bit OS is:

Intel 945GM Graphics Controller and it is an OLD One, updated by Dell on 3/24/2008. So Go Here, and Download this Driver from INTEL, the makers of your Graphics Controller:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

This One is Dated : 7/3/2008 and is the LATEST Update for that controller you have. After You have downloaded it and installed it, and rebooted the Laptop, Let the laptop load up completely after reboot, then check your songs, then go on to Youtube and pull a random Video Song, and See if it is Corrected it or Not, Post back with the results PLEASE.

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is the Alternative Fix for Newer Driver of Your Graphics Controller, ONLY IF THE VISTA One Does NOT Work:

If the Problem continues, then Intel has the Updated driver for Window 7 32bit, more recent version of : 10/02/2009

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2301&DwnldID=18223&ProductFamily=Internet+Devices&ProductLine=Netbooks&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+945GM+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

Same process, Install, Complete Reboot, then check video's and songs, Let me know,

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

Jump to solution

The Last Two Replies from Me is for Member Upload ONLY, for his particular Service Tag, and Graphics Controller .

0 Kudos