Brenda1966
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

I can't thank you enough!  As a non-techie, I was able to download the driver and fix this super-annoying issue.  There's no way I'd have been able to do any of the trouble shooting you did.  A million and one thank yous for helping so  many of us resolve this issue.  

0 Kudos
upload
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sir,

I am using Windows 7 32 bit. I tried installing both drivers, Right now my laptop works on the last one you mentioned.

They both got installed, still the sound was same.

I will format my laptop and install orignal vista / drivers, then see what happens. It will take a month, as the CD s are not with me.

In case you suggest another driver, fine. Else I will contact after I do the same hit try test you did.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Upload,

Please Do Not Call Me Sir, I am a User Like You, and am Only here to help, because I know how it is to be left hanging by some Support Team that usually cannot figure their own stuff out, let alone help us. I had to do a reformat on my Laptop, and it cured the problem, Not saying that it will Yours, the benefit of reformatting your PC is you will restore it to factory settings, which will refresh your PC and Give you a clean start again. I am limited to helping you with your Problem, Not knowing the Model you use, I am not familiar enough with that Model to go any further than what I have. Let me know how the reformat goes, and good luck to you.

Thank You,

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos
ribbitluv
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am so thankful i found this thread.  I have spent hours trying to figure out the problem with my husband's 1545.  This is the exact issue he is having and I'm glad to see there is a solution, however, whenever I click on any of the links to fix the driver problem it says "Page not found".  I have tried manually searching the Intel site for the driver and it doesn't seem to be available any longer.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this driver issue?

0 Kudos
hootsh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with N5110, I tried updating the IDE Controller driver, but didn't help, I also tried uninstalling it, but the problem still occurs.

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
hootsh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with N5110, I tried updating the IDE Controller driver, but didn't help, I also tried uninstalling it, but the problem still occurs.

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
hootsh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
yesmonkee
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This is a cut and paste of the post that helped many of us out with this issue - don't know if you've seen it or not....

Kevin

>>>>>>>

You can Go Here: downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx, and download the updated driver, it replaces the Corrupted  Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility, the Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller. The second one of these was offered as a MS Update under "other" updates and it was corrupted, thus causing the stutter, but once you download the updated one from Intel, it will correct the problem completely, I did a Complete Format and Clean Install and it corrected mine, If this update from Intel had come a hour earlier on the forum here, it would of saved a Complete Format and restore for me... This Fix seems to work for the Inspiron 1545's Laptop series, at least for all the one's that have that brand on this forum. And a good practice is to have the latest drivers and apps always anyway. Good Luck My Friend, and Thanks for sharing your Workaround. It may help someone else too.... For Reference, Look at these Posts too: en.community.dell.com/.../19412524.aspx

Mick Barker Sr.

A+ Technician

Certified Help Desk Support Technician

0 Kudos
ribbitluv
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Kevin,

If you read my previous post you will see that I have read this entire thread and every thread that was linked from this one and I have attempted to get to the Intel download center via every single link that was posted in this thread to be able to get the updated driver to fix this.  However every single time I click on any of the links, just like the one you provided above, it directs me to Intel's download center, but instead of having the driver page it says "Page Not Found" and requests that I check to make sure I have the correct link or to search the site.  Which I have done and am still unable to find the correct driver update.  Is there a different place to get this driver than the outdated links from this thread?

Thank you all so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This Link is still good for the download of the driver for:

Intel® 3 Series Chipsets
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset
Intel® 82946GZ Graphics Controller
Intel® 82G965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82Q963 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82Q965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 946 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel® G31 Express Chipset
Intel® G33 Express Chipset
Intel® G35 Express Chipset
Intel® Q33 Express Chipset
Intel® Q35 Express Chipset
Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2301&DwnldID=18223&ProductFamily=Internet+Devices&ProductLine=Netbooks&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+945GM+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

0 Kudos