Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2011 15:00

Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Hi,

Recently I've been having some problems playing back any sort of media.  At regular intervals the audio will freeze/skip for a second and make a loud grinding noise, then resume.  This happens with music, streaming videos, games, pretty much everything.  If I'm watching a video or playing a game, the screen will freeze for a second, then resume.

I'm using an Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 64-bit, SP1.

I've tried everything I could think of, updating all my drivers, reinstalling codecs, running anit-virus, and cleaning out my system.  I've found that sometimes the lag corresponds to spikes in my DPC latency, but sometimes they don't, and I can't find out what's causing the spikes.  I've tried most of the solutions here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/p/19142484/19265470.aspx#19265470 ,but nothing seems to have helped, and I'm getting a bit desperate. 

Any ideas?

5 Posts

December 12th, 2011 11:00

I have the same problem with N5110, I tried updating the IDE Controller driver, but didn't help, I also tried uninstalling it, but the problem still occurs.

Can you please help me?

5 Posts

December 12th, 2011 12:00

I have the same problem with N5110, I tried updating the IDE Controller driver, but didn't help, I also tried uninstalling it, but the problem still occurs.

Can you please help me?

22 Posts

December 12th, 2011 18:00

This is a cut and paste of the post that helped many of us out with this issue - don't know if you've seen it or not....

Kevin

>>>>>>>

You can Go Here: downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx, and download the updated driver, it replaces the Corrupted  Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility, the Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller. The second one of these was offered as a MS Update under "other" updates and it was corrupted, thus causing the stutter, but once you download the updated one from Intel, it will correct the problem completely, I did a Complete Format and Clean Install and it corrected mine, If this update from Intel had come a hour earlier on the forum here, it would of saved a Complete Format and restore for me... This Fix seems to work for the Inspiron 1545's Laptop series, at least for all the one's that have that brand on this forum. And a good practice is to have the latest drivers and apps always anyway. Good Luck My Friend, and Thanks for sharing your Workaround. It may help someone else too.... For Reference, Look at these Posts too: en.community.dell.com/.../19412524.aspx

Mick Barker Sr.

A+ Technician

Certified Help Desk Support Technician

4 Posts

December 13th, 2011 09:00

Thanks Kevin,

If you read my previous post you will see that I have read this entire thread and every thread that was linked from this one and I have attempted to get to the Intel download center via every single link that was posted in this thread to be able to get the updated driver to fix this.  However every single time I click on any of the links, just like the one you provided above, it directs me to Intel's download center, but instead of having the driver page it says "Page Not Found" and requests that I check to make sure I have the correct link or to search the site.  Which I have done and am still unable to find the correct driver update.  Is there a different place to get this driver than the outdated links from this thread?

Thank you all so much for your help.

December 13th, 2011 10:00

This Link can help you Identify your driver:

www.intel.com/.../cs-009482.htm

December 13th, 2011 10:00

This Link is still good for the download of the driver for:

Intel® 3 Series Chipsets
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset
Intel® 82946GZ Graphics Controller
Intel® 82G965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82Q963 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 82Q965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 946 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel® G31 Express Chipset
Intel® G33 Express Chipset
Intel® G35 Express Chipset
Intel® Q33 Express Chipset
Intel® Q35 Express Chipset
Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2301&DwnldID=18223&ProductFamily=Internet+Devices&ProductLine=Netbooks&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+945GM+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

4 Posts

December 13th, 2011 11:00

Thank you!  hopefully, I will get this fixed tonight.

1 Message

December 13th, 2011 18:00

"If you read my previous post you will see that I have read this entire thread and every thread that was linked from this one and I have attempted to get to the Intel download center via every single link that was posted in this thread to be able to get the updated driver to fix this.  However every single time I click on any of the links, just like the one you provided above, it directs me to Intel's download center, but instead of having the driver page it says "Page Not Found" and requests that I check to make sure I have the correct link or to search the site.  Which I have done and am still unable to find the correct driver update.  Is there a different place to get this driver than the outdated links from this thread?"

I'm having the exact same problem. The links no longer work.

The link:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Always comes up with corrupted file no matter how many times I try to install it.

I've been looking for a solution and I was hoping this was it but it'sback to pulling hair out...

4 Posts

December 16th, 2011 12:00

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone on this thread for their help.  I was able to load the correct driver and it fixed my husband's laptop.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2011 22:00

It identified the driver and my laptop refused it; it gave me an error during the installation. LOL :S

A friend of mine has the same laptop and no such problems, I will get his drivers and try to see if they work.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2011 22:00

By "it" I mean the intel website.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2011 21:00

It appears that windows wants to install that same driver again on my dell!  Intel- storage - intel (R) ICH9M - E/M SATA AHCI Controller - released June 2011 and published 10/13/2011.

Is this driver going to continue to haunt me and cause problems?!  How will I know which windows updates to allow to install and which to reject?  I used to let them all install. 

December 21st, 2011 15:00

Brenda,

No you will not be haunted by this update, simply go to Windows Updates, Check the Box on this update, Right Click and Choose "Hide Update". Done, this update will not appear again. Hope this helps you.

Mick Barker Sr.

A+ Technician

December 21st, 2011 15:00

Brenda,

As Far as which updates to allow, I usually allow all Important or Critical Updates, and Choose Manually which "Optional Updates" To Allow to Update, My Machine.

Mick Barker Sr.

No Events found!