Taylis
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Losing the automated backup that currently exists would probably be my first fear.  I also have an older hard drive in an enclosure (connected to my desktop) so know what you refer to there.

I've never used the Windows native backup/restore function - I'm assuming that I could define what folders to backup and it would function similar to the Western Digital software by monitoring changes and updating the backup with those changes?  Or is it like the old MSDOS backup where it simply copies everything (into an encoded/encrypted file that can only be read by the native restore function) and you have to start over from square one every time you run it?

EDIT: Answered my own questions after a little reading online about the subject - both in things about Windows and over at Western Digital's site.  Uninstalled the Western Digital "SmartWare" program and activated a backup setup through Windows 7.  Testing the audio and have had no glitches as of yet - and that's with the backup currently being done by Windows.  So I think it's safe to say at this point that the software from the drive was what was causing my issues.  I'm a little frustrated that I spent all that time a couple weeks ago wiping and rebuilding the machine only to have this turn out to be part of the issue.

In all, I think I had multiple things that all contributed - Dell Support Center, an audio/video encoder that came with my web editor software (an encoder I wasn't even using), and Western Digital's "SmartWare".  The Skype update I'm thinking was likely a coincidental thing - just the timing of receiving it combined with the resumption of the glitch.  I'm puzzled as to why the glitch would remain dormant for those two weeks before occurring again, since the drive was used during that time, but I'm not even going to try tackling that little question.  At this point, I'm just grateful that it appears to once again be gone.

0 Kudos
kabhi17
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks to you all, I had the same issue and I tried to check driver updates on Intel site. I updated INTEL HD GRAPHICS driver and looks like noise is gone. Mine is Dell Inspiron N5010. I'll keep posted if issue persists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
iamshardy2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have an Inspiron 15 that started doing this just recently. I tried all kinds of stuff to no avail until I updated the RST driver to the 10.8.0.1003 version and that did the trick! Fingers crossed!  Good luck

iamshardy2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have an Inspiron 15 that started doing this just recently. I tried all kinds of stuff to no avail until I updated the RST driver to the 10.8.0.1003 version and that did the trick! Fingers crossed!  Good luck

rod6572
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Cheers good buddy sorted my problem out,,was driving me barmy lol. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
TheGabb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for this incredibly detailed, and somewhat humorous post.
Looking forward to trying your steps.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bennewman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing this problem with my dll studio 1745 for about a year, and the advice in this post appears to have finally fixed it!

Dragonfly88
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I figured it out.  Mine started after installing some updates. After trying everything the only thing that worked was a system restore.  Type system restore into the start menu and then follow the prompts, choose the restore point closest to the time you started noticing the problem.  Once that's done it will start trying to reinstall the other updates, allow only the "important" windows updates and the problem should be fixed.

0 Kudos
nootch258
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I had the same problem after MS downloaded some updates. It seems to affect the Dell Inspiron 1545 and another Inspiron laptop. The next day the buzzzing/stuttering started, but only with music or videos. I did 3 system restores, each time having to backdae further. Apparently once the buzzing/stuttering started, it doesn't go away with a system restore. You really need to follow other info posted on this site because the irritating noise won't go away. Please read the 'fixes' that have been provided by others who have researched and tested to fix this problem. It's really the only method to repair the damage. If you can't find the 'fix,' please post again and I or someone else will help you.

0 Kudos
Dragonfly88
1 Copper

Jump to solution

System restore has fixed it for me

0 Kudos