Highlighted
anela_wela
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

This problem has happened to several people I know after updating to Adobe Flasplayer 11.3. If you have this version, uninstall it and restore to previous version. Should fix the problem... Good luck

0 Kudos
torisfall
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I cannot fix the constant buzzing sound that happens every 5 seconds on my Dell Inspiron 1750 when the speakers are in use.  Does your offer to do a remote session still stand?  I cannot download the Intel driver utility.  I have Windows 8 with IE 10.

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can offer,

Shawn

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

I cannot download the Intel driver utility. 

Why can't you download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software?

Some other approaches that worked for some 1750 & 1545 owners:

> Go  to Windows Services and disable Intel Matrix Storage Event Monitor. Or just set it to "manual" start up.

> Or just uninstall the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Most people who don't use RAID do not need it.

> Go to Device Manager, find the Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller, right click, select Properties, driver tab, roll back driver. Roll back to an earlier version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, 8.9.0.1023

> or download the earlier version http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=MHT9T&fileId=2731106471

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
leel54
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a dell inspiron 1545 and have the same problem of freezing.  I have reformatted my hard drive, wiping everything, loaded my Win 7 with SP1 all over again and I still get the freezing.  I ran dell diagnostic test and everything checked OK.  I deleted Dell Support Center, do not have McAfee anti-virus, have Symantec Endpoint Protection.  Sometimes  it freezes when I am doing nothing.  I can see it by having a gadget clock with the second hand on my desktop, the system clock second hand still ticks but I see where the gadget clock freezes and the spike in task manager to cpu 100%.  I am very frustrated because I lost a lot of time and applications by wiping my system and still have the same problem.  If anyone has a solution please, please, please advise.  Want to go buy another computer because I am unable to find the solution.

0 Kudos
bennewman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

this reply from page 7 solved the problem for me

"here is a solution from another thread...simple...and it worked for me...

Hey all. Just wanted to add to this answer, (sorry if I'm doing it wrong I just joined!) I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 lappy running Windows 7 home premium aswell. Bought it direct from Dell last November and had no probs until a matter of weeks ago when this particular audio/visual problem occured. I first noticed it when trying to play back cds I'd ripped to my Windows media player library, then also when watching Youtube videos. Tried all manner of basic stuff as previously mentioned in this thread, and Googled, and quite frankly gave up! Had another go today and found this thread (thank the lordy!) After trying to understand the jargon (lol) and taking in the suggestions and viewpoints, I ended up going to my device manager---- clicking the little arrow to the left of 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers----clicking on Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI controller----going to the driver tab and selecting roll back driver....This changed it to: version 8.9.0.1023  date= 04/06/2009.........After a restart it's CURED! I have been watching multiple youtube videos and it hasn't happened ONCE so far! (Fingers crossed) I came back to post on here and hadn't seen this second page, or the post I'm now replying to lol! So a lucky guess basically I don't know wether the driver THEPINE mentions is the old one or a totally new, and wether I've just done something slightly different or the same thing in a different way?! But there's my story, and I hope it helps peeps, and a massive thankyou to the others on this thread for their research and input too!

"

Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

If anyone has a solution please, please, please advise.  

You didn't mention applying the solution from this thread. I guess this is a good place to summarize the main finding of this thread again.

This is a summary of this thread up to now.

There is a problem of noise on the Inspiron 1545 & 1750 models with Windows 7. The problem was caused by an optional (non-critical) Microsoft update in  June 2011 of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility. The update was either corrupted or poorly written.

The problem was identified in this thread in November 2011 by poster mao.tsetung. The solution is to download & install the most recent version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. There were some links provided earlier in this thread but they no longer work. Try this:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/imsm
Click on "Intel Rapid Storage Technology -- Mon, 03 Dec 2012".

The newest driver is version 11.7.0.1013 , dated 12/03/2012 and there are several flavors of that driver available for downloading. I suggest using one of these:
iata_enu.exe if you have an English version of the operating system.
iata_cd.exe if you have an operating system other than English.

=======================================

This solution also works for some but not all XPS L502x and other Dell laptop models.

There were some other solutions that also fixed the bad update for some owners:

Several people did this: go to Device Manager, find the Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller, right click, select Properties, driver tab, roll back driver. Roll back to an earlier version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, 8.9.0.1023. Or click the link and download it.

Some went to Windows Services and disabled Intel Matrix Storage Event Monitor. Or just set it to "manual" start up.

Some just uninstalled the Intel Matrix Storage Manager.

There are plenty of other things that worked for various Dell laptop owners. They are all collected in the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ. One of them is to get rid of desktop gadgets.

0 Kudos
nootch258
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you, jimco, for this complete summary. You have done an excellent job with resolving this problem, helping so many, including me!

0 Kudos
leel54
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you Jimco, 

Updated the Intel to the new version and now don't see clock freezing, nor do I get the buzzing when playing video or music.  I knew it had to be a driver issue after i wiped my computer clean and started all over from scratch and had the same issue.  Knowledge is power, glad you have it!

0 Kudos
BBCee
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ok so Im just finding this. I am running some dj software, so I have been doing everything to get that program to work. But this seems more like the solution because I am having "stuttering" audio with all my media players, and everyone gives me a different answer. Now my problem is, I apparently uninstalled rapid storage when trying to fix things, but I still have matrix. I just tried rolling back the version I had on matrix, but have not tried it yet. I want to get the RAID back on, and updated, but when I download the driver, Im not sure how to install. The files are apparently on my computer but Im not sure how to get it to work so I can just get rid of matrix. You get me? ( im not totally comp-litirate)

Thanks in advance

-B

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Im not sure how to install.

On the Intel page where you get the Rapid Storage Technology RAID driver, about in the middle of the page is a Read Me.txt file with the installation instructions. Does that help?

You get me?

I don't use RAID or Matrix so I don't quite understand the issues you are having. Maybe someone else can chime in with an answer.

I am having "stuttering" audio with all my media players, and everyone gives me a different answer.

See the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ for almost all of the other answers that Dell laptop owners have found. The solution in this thread is primarily for the Inspiron 1545 & 1750 models but it does sometimes work for other models too.

0 Kudos