Highlighted
victorjulian
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

here is a solution from another thread...simple...and it worked for me...

Hey all. Just wanted to add to this answer, (sorry if I'm doing it wrong I just joined!) I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 lappy running Windows 7 home premium aswell. Bought it direct from Dell last November and had no probs until a matter of weeks ago when this particular audio/visual problem occured. I first noticed it when trying to play back cds I'd ripped to my Windows media player library, then also when watching Youtube videos. Tried all manner of basic stuff as previously mentioned in this thread, and Googled, and quite frankly gave up! Had another go today and found this thread (thank the lordy!) After trying to understand the jargon (lol) and taking in the suggestions and viewpoints, I ended up going to my device manager---- clicking the little arrow to the left of 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers----clicking on Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI controller----going to the driver tab and selecting roll back driver....This changed it to: version 8.9.0.1023  date= 04/06/2009.........After a restart it's CURED! I have been watching multiple youtube videos and it hasn't happened ONCE so far! (Fingers crossed) I came back to post on here and hadn't seen this second page, or the post I'm now replying to lol! So a lucky guess basically I don't know wether the driver THEPINE mentions is the old one or a totally new, and wether I've just done something slightly different or the same thing in a different way?! But there's my story, and I hope it helps peeps, and a massive thankyou to the others on this thread for their research and input too!

Highlighted
umjm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I think, I might have found the solution:

I noticed a driver update installed by MS Update: Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller (released in June, 2011)

Then I checked the Intel Matrix Storage Manager utility on my machine and found it was outdated (version 8.9). Therefore I downloaded and installed the most recent version (version 10.6 of Intel Rapid Storage Technology which seems to have replaced Intel Matrix Storage Manager) from here:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

No stuttering. Yay!

Configuration: Dell Inspiron 1545, Windows 7 Premium, 64 Bit

UPDATE: After 1 hour of playing around with the system I can confirm that the problem is gone. I noticed that MS Update now suggests the optional Update "Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller" again (although it is contained in the list of already installed updates. That's confusing). I don't dare to install this...

Cha Ching! nice fix. works great now. thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
shadow460
2 Iron

Jump to solution

There's nothing made by Intel in my laptop at all. I did get the problem reduced, but not eliminated entirely.

Highlighted
Paulo1545
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks; that has worked for me. I rolled back the driver and the buzz has gone. The old driver I am using is dated 04/06/2009, version 8.9.0.1023.

Highlighted
Branimir12
1 Copper

Jump to solution

have a dell inspiron N7110,and i found a solution for the problem,,,,problem is in the wireless adapter,and all you have to do is to disable it,and  glitching and buzzing sound will disappear.It worked for me

You need to buy a external wireless adapter and wait for the fix to come out....

Highlighted
Aidas_Bernotas
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Branimir12

can you tell me, how you disable the wireleess adapter. I try few ways to disable but sound problem still not fixed. I have new XPS 14z and also wireless problem on this laptop the signal very poor, so maybe why sound getting stuttering/buzzzing.

Thank you

Highlighted
Branimir12
1 Copper

Jump to solution

you must go to device manager,right click on my computer and select properties,,and click device manager,,,go to your network adapter and click on it,,now when you see your network adapter right click on him and select disable

Highlighted
Branimir12
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i forget to add,,,,,YOUR DEFAULT ADAPTER,if you have mulytiple adapter then you must disable your default adapter(the adapter you get whit your laptop is the one)

Highlighted
shadow460
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I actually have changed the wireless adapter to a Dell 1395. The problem is worse with the 1395, however, the 1395 adapter turns on instantly when the wifi hotkeys are pressed. The computer came with a 1490, which has a 5GHz band (802.11a). Disabling that band was one of the things I did to help the problem.

I think Branimir is right, the audio problem is partly caused by the wireless adapter or its drivers. IT also stands to reason that the audio driver itself is to blame. I can see where an Intel storage driver or update could be blamed IF my computer had an Intel IDE controller, chipset, or drive  (which it does not). I cannot see anywhere at all that it would have anything to do with video drivers like people are saying about the 1501, although I did update my Catalyst stuff.

Highlighted
Aidas_Bernotas
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have disable the wireless card in "device manager" but I still getting this problem with sound even when connected true cable or other wifi adapter 😞