nootch258
2 Bronze

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Great news! I guess the Inspiron line has had really bad problems with this buzzing. I reverted back to a previous version and it didn't work, as I have the 1545 model. I had to download a fix from jimco, which did work. Dell needs to address this problem with all their Inspiron models, as well as MS. Doesn't put either in a good light! Happy computing!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sorry, Been out of state and in Florida for awhile.

Yes, this is a problem with Inspiron 1545's, and Others too. Some are resolved by disabling wireless switch, some by rolling back drivers, some by installing a driver, after scanning at Intel's site. And like myself, I did a Complete Hard Disk Re-Format, and Re-installing Windows from my Disc that came with My Inspiron 1545, and then ONLY using High Rated Updates from Microsoft I had not experienced any further problem, I do Remote Technician Work, but it will not be available until sometime in Mid July when I have the opportunity Moving from Kentucky to Florida and getting Internet Connection Stabilized in Florida, Of Course do to my deep love for Computer Repair, I will Offer a One-Time Remote Assistance Session to all Users in This Particular Forum Thread. Stay in touch with this Thread and I will Update My relocation progress, and when I will be able to start helping those a little less tech savvy. I use "Teamviewer" for the Remote Sessions, and it is 100% Secure, Free, and Dependable. I have used this program to re-install a ladies Entire Operating System from the U.S. to Canada... The One Time Session is Offered without charge and I Strongly Impress to You that I am held totally un-liable to session done due to Internet Outage, Server Crash, or any other unforeseen situation.

I hope this does not in anyway conflict with Dell, Forum Rules, or any other harm due to what is offered here, IF IT IS a Problem, Please bring it to my attention, and I will withdraw the post.

Thank You,

Mick Barker Sr.

DELL User, PC Technician, Certified Remote Help Support

0 Kudos
racam3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

Had exactly the same problem with exactly same laptop and spec, I changed the battery and cured immediately, I was receiving error message saying I should change my battery, I tried all the fixes in this post and nothing worked until I changed my battery.

Hope this helps

Rob

0 Kudos
nootch258
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

WOW! This is good to know. I had the problem also but it was solved by replacing a update from MS. Thank you for sharing this. If it happens to me again, it might be the battery! I found out that reverting back to a previous date/version does not always work. Thanks again for sharing!

0 Kudos
diskjokk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Mao,

I had the exact same problem in my Dell XPS 8500 until I found your solution.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software for my computer at Intel's website but I found one more recent version of it on Dell's website.  

I downloaded and installed the update and so far, no more annoying buzzing or stuttering from my machine.  

I can't thank you enough for finding the solution to this problem.  Thanks again.

-Mario

0 Kudos
shawnbizzil
1 Copper

Jump to solution

hey im having this problem and your links dont work can i get a update of how to fix this i realize im a little late on all this but please hel[

0 Kudos
nootch258
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The following worked for me, but I have an Dell Inspiron 1545. It was the fix for me and for other Dell Insprion owners/users.

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Others have had to revert back to an earlier date on their systems, which I did first, but it didn't work. Others now say that your battery may need replacing.

Please tell us what kind of computer you have, how old it is, what you have already done, and some one here will help you. The people who post here are very knowledgeable and will gladly help you.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Update

The main recommendation in this thread is to download and install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver directly from the Intel site. Most of the links in this thread no longer work. This one is still working for me.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/imsm

For months the latest version was 10.8.0.1003, dated 11/11/2011. That has been removed and now the latest is version 11.2.0.1006, dated 06/07/2012. If anyone tries the new version please post and let us know if it worked.

Note: there are 4 flavors of the 11.2.0.1006 driver on the Intel site. I suggest using one of these:

iata_enu.exe if you have an English version of the operating system. 
iata_cd.exe if you have an operating system other than English.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
sasa9385
1 Copper

Jump to solution

hello Mao,

i'm also a xps8500 user and having the same problem. I couldn't find the update driver on dell support or intel's site. Please share the address thanks about

0 Kudos
nootch258
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Please see the response directly above your posting. What you need it there, on the left hand side of the page. Good luck and let us all know if it works for you.

0 Kudos