Lindy52
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Jim, you've been extremely helpful.  I have Studio 1745 Windows 7 and I when I downloaded the file driver update it was in .zip format and I couldn't open it.  I read the complete readme file for installing, etc.  If you disable Intel matrix Storage Event Monitor, does that effect anything else?  I also have something called Intel Rapid Storage Technology but it only has an uninstall file in it.  I guess I'll have to try another solution you've listed here.

0 Kudos
Lindy52
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just rolled it back as stated here and it worked, thank God!

go to Device Manager, find the Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller, right click, select Properties, driver tab, roll back driver. Roll back to an earlier version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, 8.9.0.1023. Or click the link and download it.

Now if I could get my system from freezing up, which just started to happen and usually when I'm in my non-admin user account, things.would be back to normal.  Also my wifi dropping off a lot, but I think that's a Comcast problem.  Going to get a can of air and clean out this baby.

Thank you Jim!

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback. I have added a quote from you about the Studio 1745 to the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Lindy52
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well, I spoke to soon.  After I rolled it back my laptop froze up and when I turned it back on it said Windows couldn't start and it did a self repair and asked if I wanted to do a system restore and I said yes.  I don't know what point it set it back too, but I now have the old drive and buzzing/stalling back.  I'm afraid to do anything else at this point. 

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

when I downloaded the file driver update it was in .zip format and I couldn't open it.

When you download a zip file it goes into one of your folders, probably My Downloads unless you set up something else to be the default download folder. You find the zip file in My Downloads or wherever and select it (highlight it) then click on the File menu at the top of the folder. Click on "Extract All" and the Windows unzipper wizard will open and lead you through the process.

If you disable Intel matrix Storage Event Monitor,

I am not a Windows guru but as far as I know the only people who need it are those using RAID storage devices.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Lindy52
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jim, I guess I don't have Windows unzipper wizard because it goes into download folder but when I try to open it Windows says it doesn't have a program to open it with.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Lindy52,

Are you Computer Literate at All ? if Not, you can email me, I can take remote control of your PC for You, and Assist You if You Like.

I use TeamViewer for Remote Support, I have 22 yrs. Experience, and Of Course I will Not Charge for the Remote Support.

The TeamViewer has a Chat Feature embedded into the program where we can chat why doing this.

Thanks,

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your Correct jimco, Only the RAID's Apply in that situation.. Mick

0 Kudos
Lindy52
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Mick,

Yes I'd consider myself above novice as far as computer literacy.  I do a lot of research on my own and try to fix things.  I had Winrar zipping program but that doesn't work anymore because you have to pay for it LOL.  I had it for a long time without paying, but I don't have to unzip files too often.  I'm assuming an zip program should've been on this laptop when I got it, either Windows one or something else.  I did roll back the driver again and it does seem to be okay for now.  I don't know why when I did it before my laptop when into Windows repair mode when I started it up again.  I've also been having freezeup under my non-admin user account the past week.

I appreciate your offer to take remote control of my PC to help me.  For now, it seems ok with the rollback but I have the problem again I hope I can take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Lindy52,

You are most welcome, glad to hear you have prevailed with this nightmare, lol. Good Luck to you.

0 Kudos