cscott32
1 Nickel

RE: Sudden black or blank screen on Inspiron 15 7559 Win 10

Jump to solution

I experienced the same problem for the first time last night. I recently upgraded to the latest bios and chipset driver so that won't work. Any other suggestions? I almost lost all of my data I had worked on for 2 hours.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just engaged with Dell Support to resolve this (I'm under warranty).  The support crew called me and we set up a remote connection.  They connected remotely and basically removed/reinstalled the major drivers, ran other checks/configs, etc using the Dell Click 2 Fix tool.  I'm now putting the computer through the paces to see if the random black screen freezes continue.  So far so good (I'm at 24 hrs without a freeze) but I won't make any tentative call for at least a week without any issues, so stand by.  I suspect this may have been a chipset driver issue, possibly the Intel Chipset driver.  No apparent hardware issues that I/they could detect, and when the computer works, it works well.     

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

So far the problem appears resolved since last Thursday.  I worked with a second Dell representative who called back, remoted in, and worked several other fixes using the Dell Click 2 Fix tool.  I don't have the full list of actions taken, but several drivers were removed, the latest reinstalled, and the BIOS was updated/reflashed.  If the problem appears again, I'll post again, but it appears corrected. 

I'm not sure exactly where the problem occurred.  While this was happening, I had everything fully updated to begin with.  

Anyway, thanks again to Dell support- they responded within 24 hours of my contacts and we were able to successfully resolve the problem.  I bought my system through a retailer but it was still under warranty.   

0 Kudos