Not applicable

Suggest which Audio drivers would work best

Hello friends, 

I was searching a name in this website www.babynology.com/meaning-neil-m1.html , which has a facility to listen the pronunciation of the name, but unfortunately I am not able to listen it, while cross checking I found that no audio is working in my laptop. 

Or is there a problem with the site or with my drivers?

Please suggest me the related audio drivers which can make it work. The model of my laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3558 (Z565106HIN9) Notebook

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim Coates
5 Osmium

RE: Suggest which Audio drivers would work best

audio drivers

Hello. The Inspiron 3558 model has Realtek audio hardware on the motherboard. Dell supports Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 on that model. The correct Realtek driver version depends on knowledge of which version of Windows is currently installed on the laptop, so reply back with that information if you need more help.

The correct driver should already be installed on your computer, because the laptop leaves the factory with the driver installed. Check by looking in Device Manager.

1. Open the Device Manager (it is in the Control Panel, or you can just type device manager into the Windows search box, then click on Device Manager when it comes up).

2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" category.

3. Look for "Realtek High Definition Audio"in the list. If you see it, then the Realtek audio driver is installed. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" in the list, then the Realtek driver is not installed, and the laptop is using the Windows native audio driver in its place.

Or is there a problem with the site or with my drivers?

I followed your link and got an error regarding that particular name (nell), but searched for another name at random and I heard the pronunciation.

I found that no audio is working in my laptop. 

If you play an audio file that is on your hard drive, and hear no audio, there might be a problem. Audio files have extensions like .wav, .mp3, .wma, etc. You can find the audio files on your hard drive by typing the extension into the Windows search box. Select an audio file and play it with Windows Media Player or other suitable player. If you do not hear the audio through the laptop's speakers, plug in headphones and listen for the audio.

If you can hear audio from the hard drive but not from the internet, it could be a browser problem.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos