Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

December 20th, 2017 12:00

SupportAssist deliver non relevant drivers for Latitude E6530

Laptop: Latitude E6530

Recently installed Windows 10 on my E6530.

Installed Dell SupportAssist to detect and install adequate drivers fast and easy.

The problem is that DSA doesn't present adequate drivers.
For example: DSA says the current BIOS version is A13. My computer (Setup/BIOS and Windows>System Information) report A20.
It's more possible that the computer/BIOS gives the correct info.

DSA also present drivers that already are installed (the very exact version of each).
That it does not present correct updates for exclamation marked drivers (Device Manager) is something we are used to, even if one always wish that someday the driver detection system will get you that information (so that you doesn't have to surf around on your own to find it)...

So the conclusion is that Dell SupportAssist, in this case, doesn't fulfil its mission.
And the question: What will be a better (if not easier), and more secure way, to get the correct and needed drivers (the purpose is to get a system as “clean” as possible - i.e. not overloaded with unnecessary drivers and software)?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 21st, 2017 09:00

icit,

You can uninstall the Support Assist from the computer. If you are needing a specific driver your can go to the link below and install the drivers manually in your computer. 

Dell Latitude E6530 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

4 Posts

December 21st, 2017 11:00

Of course the manual option is always open.

My question was more about finding an easy way to detect what drivers is needed - to avoid having to search manually.

If there is any useful answer to that I'll be grateful.

And it was also a suggestion that Dell looks over the SupportAssist Tool so that it does the job it's supposed to do.

Is that something to hope for?

9 Posts

December 21st, 2017 13:00

I just had an issue where there was a mistake on Dell's side where the model they put into their system for my service tag and express code didn't match my actual model.  Double check that it's detecting the right one.  I called and they sort of corrected it(showed the proper model in the title, but not when I went to drivers).  They eventually got them both to match so it's auto detecting drivers correctly now.

4 Posts

December 21st, 2017 14:00

@ NXTwoThou

Tanks for reply.

In my case it's the right service tag, Express Service Code and the right laptop model, Latitude E6530.

It's more like the tool doesn't recognize MY Latitude E6530 (the issue with wrong BIOS version and suggesting drivers that already are installed - all these items are corresponding with E6530, but not with mine).

Maybe this is a question to take directly with Dell Support (chat for instance)?

No Events found!