Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2017 09:00

Swelling XPS 15 9550 batteries

It happened to me! My Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop battery swelled and squeeze out the touchpad. Now I took out the battery and use the laptop from the stationary power supply. But what to do? How to contact tech support? 
I read the article: Dell offers to replace swelling XPS 15 9550 batteries for free, even if out-of-warranty but can't understand what to do.
Help!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 12th, 2017 14:00

Call Dell support in your location.  That's how to start.

Meanwhile, get the battery out of the system and out of your home or office - it is a safety risk and a hazard to the system's integrity.  If you leave it in, eventually the pressure will destroy the system.

October 17th, 2017 06:00

I call to Dell support in Russia and say that I'm disappointed - do not say anything. I begin to curse that day when I bought a Dell notebook. Do you know what they told me? That my warranty ran out 3 months ago and they can not replace the battery that can at any time catch fire. I can not use the laptop that I bought for more than $2000 because they said not to use it, because the battery could explode. I can't use, they can't solve my problem. I think you need to tell everyone that when they buy a Dell laptop, they can carry it to the trash when the warranty ends. Thank you for the lesson you taught me.

October 17th, 2017 07:00

I apologize for my intonation of the conversation. I'm really upset. I will follow all instructions on the link you provided. Maybe everything will be fine. Why support in Russia is so bad and support outside is very good? Why support in Russia doesn't provide me this link? Thank you for your participation and understanding.

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

October 17th, 2017 07:00

Sorry to hear that Anton. Please check the sticky thread at the top of the forum:

en.community.dell.com/.../20022402

30 Posts

October 17th, 2017 10:00

Hi AntonAnanin, do give a call to respective country Dell.

Battery usually only comes with 1 year warranty, despite system still under warranty.

However for XPS 9550, Dell is giving fixes to the swollen battery issue.

Just follow the link Alasdair gave and you will be in good hands :)

October 18th, 2017 01:00

have follow link that you gave me. I have try to fill form here:
www.dellproduct.com/Program.aspx
I click "Continue" button at the bottom of this page to request a replacement battery for my system.
At step 1 and 2 (Lookup Products, Select Products) all goes well.
But at step 3 (Contact Information) I stuck. I fill all fields, but I always get this error:
An invalid combination of City, State/Province, and ZIP/Postal Code has been entered.
My ZIP (Postal Code) is 123181
My City is Moscow
I don't have State/Province
Country is Russian Federation
I have try anything, but without result.
May be you know solution?

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

October 18th, 2017 03:00

Hi Anton,

Can you try Moscow or Moskva for the state/province?

Thanks

October 18th, 2017 05:00

Tried all possible options, but without results. I gave up and ordered to the address of the service in the US, which will forward the parcel to me in Moscow.

Thank you for your participation in the matter.

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

October 18th, 2017 06:00

Ah ok. That would be the problem - you were trying to get it sent to a country in a different region from where it was originally ordered.

For future reference please complete ownership transfer:

www.dell.com/.../ownership-transfer-and-retail-registration-guide

December 16th, 2017 04:00

Hey I'm going through the same process and I can't seem to get past the stage where I put my address details, I have this error:

"An invalid combination of City, State/Province, and ZIP/Postal Code has been entered."

I live in London, so in City and State/Province I put "London" but it won't work.

What gives?

December 16th, 2017 04:00

Hey I'm going through the same process and I can't seem to get past the stage where I put my address details, I have this error:

An invalid combination of City, State/Province, and ZIP/Postal Code has been entered.

I live in London, so in City and State/Province I put London but it won't work.

What gives?

No Events found!