Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2016 17:00

TB15 USB Issues

Dell XPS 13 9350, I7, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD,  Dell Thunderbolt Dock 240W

I have installed all the latest drivers as of today 3/16/2016, BIOS is correct and still all my USB devices have issues...Bose Companion USB Audio continues to make strange noises on music playback.  My Logitech K750 keyboard and M525 mouse works sporadically.  Mouse pointer stales and doesn't follow my direction, keyboard puts out characters I never keyed.  I'm at the end of the road.  My 30 day return is up in 2 days!

I originally purchased the $169.00 Dell D3100 USB 3.0 Docking Station.  I have no issues with this dock, it works!!!

Any suggestions before I request a RMA from Dell???

1 Message

March 17th, 2016 17:00

I found the solution after wasting several hours. Uninstall "ASMedia USB 3.0 Extended Host Controller..." and do NOT install it again, windows own controller does work. I have no idea why Dell wants us install that piece of reverse tihs.

5 Posts

March 18th, 2016 02:00

Thanks for the information, I tried your advice, uninstalled the driver and made sure the windows version loaded but the results were even worse than before.  All USB devices quit after approximately 3 minutes connected and never started back up.  So disappointing!!!

March 20th, 2016 01:00

In my case, the ASMedia drivers did not update when I run the dell update package.

Make sure, that the version displayed in the device manager is updated after running the Dell update. If not, install the driver manually by extracting first and then right click on the .inf files to install.

The newest driver version I could find @dell support site was 1.16.33.1 (March 11).

So far this seems to fix most of my USB problems. Fan noise bug still makes it impossible to use the dock in my office.

No Events found!