lecamarade
1 Nickel

RE: TB16 HDMI connected monitor goes blank for few seconds every few hours

Jump to solution

Have a very similar issue. Got a brand new XPS 15 9560 and TB16 with 2 FullHD monitors one on HDMI to DVI, one on display port to DVI.

Updated BIOS and dock drivers. 

After the laptop wakes up from sleep the display port monitor starts to flicker quite frequently, about once per 2-3 seconds.

When it happened for the first time I tried to reboot. When the laptop booted, the other monitor started to flicker (HDMI). The first monitor stopped flickering.

While I was browsing the forum for the solution the flickering stopped. All cables are securely connected and haven't been touched.

The flickering issue happens every time the computer wakes up from sleep.

0 Kudos
lecamarade
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Uninstalling the latest Nvidia driver and installing the one from dell site fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
DanWills
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Are you still fighting this? I'm working with engineering on a slightly similar problem where my monitor (while computer is in sleep mode) wakes up, displays "entering power save mode" and goes back to sleep. we've been fooling with drivers, bios, and trying just about anything that occurs to us.

if you're using an adapter between the TB16 and the monitor (i had a DP to DVI adapter) - try another brand. I had an Inland adapter, and swapped it with my wife's IOGear, and the problem stopped.

Dell engineering is calling me tomorrow, maybe they'll have an answer as to what was (is?) going on.

0 Kudos
Anzol
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Have you solved this problem yet?

0 Kudos
wscd1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue like everyone else here even following Dell suggestion of installing the docking station link below.

www.dell.com/.../dell-thunderbolt-dock-tb16-driver-installation-guide

I think Dell should give their customer answer instead of telling them to use Airplane mode, this is annoying since we don't want to do this everytime we dock the laptop.

My laptop is XPS 13, 9350 and my docking station is TB16.

0 Kudos
kxlin913
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have updated all drivers and still having this issue. Is there a way to tell if my drivers are up to date? Does Dell have a definite answer which driver must be installed to avoid this?

0 Kudos
NNB-Downunder
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Solved - I also had a second or so every 15 minutes, to sometimes more than an hour, where Video/Sound through HDMI cable to an external monitor from the TB16 was being 'lost'. Really just about 0.5 to 1.5 seconds, but it was annoying. I contacted Dell service and double checked all the latest video drivers had been updated (both Intel HD 630 and NVidia 1050 drivers) on XPS 15 9560 PC. Next, and what did the trick, was increasing screen refresh rate from 29 fps to 30 fps............and it has not missed a beat for the last day or so. So try updating screen refresh rate where possible.

businessguy22
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi guys, so I had a similar problem recently. I'm in the Philippines currently, and there was a storm and all of a sudden our power went out in the building, obviously my computer was on at the time and the dock TB16. After that, the HDMI port stopped working. I tested to make sure it wasn't the monitor, by connecting it directly, and I also had my TB15 so I tested that and the 3 monitors worked fine.  I had already recently updated all the bios and drivers on my xps 13, except for the recent update for the thunderbolt driver. Once I updated that, the HDMI port started working again, however, as I was writing this post my 3rd screen which is the one connected to the HDMI port flicked and went blank for a 1-2 seconds and turned back on.

What could be the issue? MY FPS rate is 60hz see image here: www.screencast.com/.../KFUlGZsH I saw a post saying to put it from 29 to 30, but I don't think thats right for my monitors?

fabioluzo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with dock WD15 and DVI-mini display port adapter. Monitor goes black in my case and sometimes if shows "Digital" and "Analog" msgs on it, showing that the signal was lost. So some issue on the WD15.

0 Kudos