Highlighted
bainz89
Copper

The laptop doesn't boot and displays a blank screen

I have Studio 1555. Few days back, the laptop stopped and The screen colours got smudged and there were lines on the screen. It was all internal, no external damage. I tried to restart the system, but I was unable to restart it at that time. I turned on the laptop after an hour and it started. Now, few days later, the laptop isnmt turning on at all and displays nothing when turns on. Just the light in power button and backlit of keyboard, except that, nothing is working. No beed sounds etc.

I have tried various troubleshooting steps but in vain. I can feel the fan running. What to do, please help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: The laptop doesn't boot and displays a blank screen

Hi BAINZ89,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please try to run the on-board Dell diagnostics using any of the below steps:

• Hold down the <Fn> key while pressing the power button.
  • Turn on the system, press <F12> at the initial Dell™ logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.
  • Disconnect the AC power and remove the battery. While holding down the power button, insert the AC connector into the back of the system. The system then starts and the message Diagnsotic boot selected displays. The system then launches the diagnostics. 

Please capture any error codes or messages you receive.

Connect the system to an external monitor to check if there is any display.

What is the status of the power button and does the CAPS lock key indicator lights up when you toggle the key?

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos