Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2015 10:00

The touch pad on my Dell inspiron 15 3521 isn't working.

Hi I have a  Dell inspiron 15 3521 and the touch pad is freezing. I have tried updating the drivers and the bios and when I run system diagnostics the touch pad works. But after putting the pc in sleep mode and then trying to use the touch pad it might work and it might not work. I can use a mouse and it works fine. I have also noticed that sometimes when it freezes the touch pad is missing from the device manager. Im not to good with this kind of stuff so any help would be great thanks.

6 Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

Hi. My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> and my os is windows 8. I have reinstalled the driver but  I haven't  updated the chipset driver. I restarted the pc and the touch pad is working for now but when I put the pc in sleep mode and then bring it back up thats when the touch pad freezes the most and the only to fix it is to reboot or use a usb mouse. Thanks.

1.2K Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

Hi Chris,

I would ask you if you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the dell touch-pad utility.And is the chipset driver updated.

Do assist me with the service tag of the system along with the os information so that I can check system specification to assist you further.

Regards,

6 Posts

October 8th, 2015 13:00

I just checked the drivers on Dells site and it says that I have the most recent updates.

1.2K Posts

October 9th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I would ask you to confirm if you have installed these 2 drivers .

*Chipset Driver.

*Quickset Driver.

Hoping this helps.Also do send the service tag of the system via private message only .

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

6 Posts

October 14th, 2015 22:00

Hi I have installed the drivers and I still cant use the touchpad. Please help.

No Events found!