Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2016 04:00

There’s no match for that Service Tag or Express Service code

Hi

I recently purchased a Dell Inspron 7559 laptop. It arrived on the 31st August. The issue I have is that the service tag is not recognised on the Dell site. I get the following message when I enter the service tag: -

There’s no match for that Service Tag or Express Service code. Retype the code or select your product below. Allow 48 hours for new devices to register on our site.

It's been well over 48 hours since the machine was registered.

Please help.

Many thanks.

2K Posts

January 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi BINHNANG,

Kindly send me a private message with your contact details. Also, attach a copy of the invoice for us to review.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2016 05:00

If the system was purchased from Dell, it can take a week or two for a new service tag to show up in the database.

If the system was purchased elsewhere (at retail or from a third party, Amazon, EBay etc.), contact the seller for information.

2 Posts

September 8th, 2016 05:00

Thanks for clarifying that. I shall be a bit more patient and wait until next week. Hopefully it will be recognised then.

Thanks for your help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2016 06:00

The other thing -- if this was purchased other than in the USA, be sure you're using the Dell support site in the country of purchase - not support.dell.com -- to look up the service tag.

2K Posts

September 10th, 2016 15:00

Hi STEVIE0674,

Does the service tag reflect now?

If not, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records and include a copy of the invoice and I shall get this checked.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

3 Posts

January 14th, 2017 04:00

Im Live Vietnam. I bought a 01 Dell Precision Laptop M5510 on Ebay for the Service Tag  and Express code . But when I checked on the home page of Dell, is error 500 "There's no match for that Service Tag, Express Service code, or Serial Number . Please try again or browse for your product. New devices 48 hours sewing need to register on our site " I do not understand why?

Please help me this problem.

Many thank!

3 Posts

January 14th, 2017 04:00

Im Live Vietnam. I bought a Dell Precision Laptop M5510 01 on Ebay for the Service Tag  and Express code . But when I checked on the home page of Dell, is error 500 "There's no match for that Service Tag, Express Service code, or Serial Number . Please try again or browse for your product. New devices 48 hours sewing need to register on our site " I do not understand why?

Please help me this problem.

Many thanks!

3 Posts

January 15th, 2017 03:00

Dear DELL_Rishi;

I wrote email to you.

Thank!

2K Posts

January 15th, 2017 16:00

Hi BINHNANG,

I have responded to your private message.

No Events found!