WANTUSSERVICES
1 Nickel

RE: They tell you repair is warrantied, send it in, then when they get it, tell you it is not warrantied?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

If "simply plugging and unplugging the cable from the computer" can cause damage, then it is a DESIGN FAULT! 

If Dell can not make a charger plug to handle NORMAL use, why punish the consumer? We did not make nor install INFERIOR components.

Why should a perfectly good {and most expensive part} motherboard have to be trashed {or most likely, in someones after work possession} due to a small and inexpensive but poor quality part??

0 Kudos
orucco
1 Nickel

RE: They tell you repair is warrantied, send it in, then when they get it, tell you it is not warrantied?

I have a 3 year Square Trade on my last laptop and it is terrific! Wires should not break from normal use of plugging in a charger! The onus should be on Dell to prove it was due to neglect! Good Luck and thanks for your service!

WANTUSSERVICES
1 Nickel

Dear Orucco,

Thank you for your supportive and considerate comments.

Yes, my new tablet {not a Dell, surprise surprise}, is under a SquareTrade 3 yr, all type, coverage. Unfortunately I did not get the laptop covered within the first month after purchase.

As I previously mentioned, "As for the "mis-handling", it would seem more of a design fault, just as the ignition of a vehicle loosened over time from the weight of the keys on the keychain pulls it out of alignment."

It is  unfathomable that, in all probability, the most inexpensive and common part causes the loss of the most expensive and  primary part, that is not damaged at all.

You know beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone is separating the plug from the motherboard and keeping it for themselves or reselling it for their  personal profit.

0 Kudos

Hello and good afternoon.

What did dell determine as the problem with the system or did you even receive an answer?

Dell has had several changes to their protocol over the last couple of years causing a bit of frustration with the end users, myself included.

What does the system do when booted up or does it boot at all?

0 Kudos

Hello and good afternoon.

If you want to pay money for technical help that is exactly what you will be told when calling 800-288-4410.

I have another reply just posted, my bad, as I did not look at all of the other replies. OOPS!

Replace the AC Power Adapter with a 90 Watt. What model of Laptop do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello and good evening

You are absolutely correct regarding warranties.

I have owned approximately 10 Dell Computers and I ALWAYS purchase:

5 year Pro Support with NBD Onsite Service.

5 Year complete care coverage.

Both for around $400-500 dollars

Worth it? You bet.

Every computer that I have owned has had the system board and HDD or SSD replaced through these warranties.

Dell's policy is "like or better." In some cases on discontinued models you receive a newer model with more "bells and whistles."

Currently, I have a Latitude E6510 with Windows 10 Pro and the system is trouble-free and has absolutely no issues. I do not use "stab in the dark" fixes suggested on this forum but use my own tools obtained over the years from Pro Support.

My apologies for getting "carried away."

Mark

WANTUSSERVICES
1 Nickel

Dear Dell people here,

Just wanted to let you know IT WAS A LIE THAT I NEEDED A WHOLE NEW MOTHERBOARD.

I found a certified repairman that CAME TO MY APARTMENT and in LESS THAN ONE HOUR fixed not only the so called unreplaceable plugin socket but also two other small items {broken keys} for almost ONE THIRD {$136} of the price {$397} Dell attempted to extort from me.

0 Kudos