Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

ZT

December 11th, 2011 00:00

This L702X is a Lemon

So, after starting two other threads for two separate issues, and after encountering some other problems, I've now come to the conclusion that my new L702X is a lemon and have requested a return, preferably for a replacement, as I figure I owe them at least one chance to fix my problems. To summarize:

1. I initially noticed fuzzy audio from the updated Realtek sound card driver. I was able to roll back the driver, which stopped the audio problem, but my SoundBlaster Audiology software won't recognize the card without the driver, and there is no other driver to try. 

2. NVIDIA video card updates wouldn't recognize the video card. I was able to manually correct this by adding some text into files used by the driver setup, after which it recognized the card. 

3. Began to stall while exiting hibernation, then sleep, and now during restarts. 

4. My external hard drives will randomly stop being recognized entirely, or the main folders will be displayed as empty, even though the data has not been erased. 

I have performed as complete of a hardware diagnostics test as I can through the F12 menu accessed during start-up and it found nothing wrong, but obviously something is, and seriously so.

No Responses!
No Events found!