Highlighted
chiguyct
1 Copper

Thunderbolt TB15 Dock still not working

Jump to solution

I just installed the latest set of drivers. The dock still does not connect to my XPS 15- 9550.

This process has gone on for two months.

79 Replies
euribe
1 Nickel

RE: Thunderbolt TB15 Dock still not working

Jump to solution

Return it. No amount of software/firmware updates is going to make this device good. It has several hardware issues.

0 Kudos
chiguyct
1 Copper

Jump to solution

They won't take it back. I would have to have returned it within 30 days. Now they want me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10, which I've been wanting to get done anyway.

0 Kudos
jackd942
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This dock is junk...I had really high hopes for it, but Dell has seriously let me down. I ordered 2 brand new XPS 15's and 2 of theses docs at the end of last month. The docks came in on the 23rd, but the laptops didn't come in until the 29th. I have been through the wringer trying to get the two to play nice with each other and they just won't. I called support today (the 25th) to return the two docks, and they inform me that they are outside of the return window. I oversee a business with around 35-40 pc's and 7 server systems. I am afraid Dell has just lost my business...

64dude
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I'm tending to agree that the TB15 is junk, in firmware/software and in hardware as the thing suddenly is now being detected as a 65w power supply instead of the attached 240w (even replacing this didn't help). Going to try a replacement, but Dell now doesn't know when it will ship. Guessing they're trying to resolve the issues...hopefully. Thing looks great on paper. Anyone know of a TB hub that can drive three external high res monitors or more?

reenagr
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Having the same issues here, the low power warning, dock disconnecting after use, flimsy USB. I really do hope dell solves this and I have not seen a similar feature in a third party dock.

0 Kudos
RH_Austin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well hopes dashed. I received two TB15 docks today (5/5/16). Fresh off the assembly line dated 4/24/16. I did all the updates, ran the firmware (even though I'd hope it had the newer firmware) got a power cycle error on that one. But both docks are exhibiting all the issues documented previously in these forums.

- External monitor blanks off/on

- USB doesn't work (wireless keyboard/mouse example)

- Ethernet comes and goes

The only thing it 'seems' to be doing correctly right now on our two XPS 15 9550s is charge the laptop. Although it's only been two hours since install.

Disappointing as I cannot find anything on the market yet that will equal this feature set.

Calling Dell now to setup the return. Sigh....

RH in Austin

StuartMM
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

First TB15 dock used with XPS15 worked great for 3 weeks using one 2.5k and one 4k external monitor both via Displayport, ethernet, usb for keyboard, mouse.

After 3 weeks one display port would go off once dock was warm. Support updated bios all the drivers (I had already done this), new ethernet driver would not install

Dock replaced.

All drivers etc updated again. New version of ethernet driver (A01_02) does now install

Thunderbolt controller driver now only provided remove option, even if already removed, registry cleaned and rebooted, still only provides remove option

Now both display ports ok but ethernet & usb will not work from sleep. Have to power off dock & laptop to re-start both.  This looks like a buggy update to a new drivers

this is poor for £300

mattolejack
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Dell seems to have discontinued the product. The product pages have been deleted from Dell's website. I am worried about future support now.

Tollers
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I was doing a few linkedin searches to see if i could find someone expert on these docks to talk to at Dell. However, i noticed that the engineer/architect who chose the components for TB15/WD15 left Dell in March. Coincidence?