Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2016 11:00

Thunderbolt TB15 Dock still not working

I just installed the latest set of drivers. The dock still does not connect to my XPS 15- 9550.

This process has gone on for two months.

2 Posts

October 10th, 2016 11:00

I purchased an XPS 15 9550 earlier this year. I then mistakenly bought the TB15 (aka boat anchor) from Amazon. This product is the worst that I have had the misfortune to encounter in 20 years of IT. I've been on the phone with Dell all morning, just trying to get a workable dock solution for my laptop. I've been transferred around 5 times, hung up on, transferred to new product sales. I now see why nobody likes Dell. Now I don't either.

October 10th, 2016 11:00

It's an absolute desaster - especially the communication respectively non-communication by Dell on the issues. The product is not working so far and there is no workaround that solves all problems and makes the "one cable" marketing quotes come true. I have no working configuration for about a year now. First spent days on useless software updates then had the docking stations sent in for repairs twice with absolutely no improvement. At the moment, one is in repair the 3rd time for about 3 months now, the other is enlisted in the replacement list with Dell Germany. At least a guy from Dell Germany confirmed that problems exist and offered money back or enlist for exchange of the unit. But why no public statement (such as a product recall) on the website. It would save so many people countless hours of fiddling with drivers etc. Another thing is what to do with the notebook itself. With no working docking solution its use is severely limited.

6 Posts

October 10th, 2016 12:00

I purchased the TB15 to use with my brand new XPS 15 9550 and 32" 4k dell screen after I traded in my Macbook PRO (2014). Investing in this alleged flagship laptop that would offer me the grunt to edit everything I needed for drone work.... What a load of ***. The thing has been problematic from day one (6m ago) and no matter how many bios up dates and driver tweaks never been resolved other than Dell offering to 'refund' TB15, NOT the XPS or Display just the f***ing 'black' brick.

So as of today the this Door wedge is pretty much on it final marching orders, once the new Macbooks appear this piece of s%%t is gone.

ps. So far I've managed to pursuade my IT manager to source all our PCs for products we sell and for internal use to purchase HP and several friends and family members to avoid Dell. So financially you probably should of offered a refund....

October 10th, 2016 12:00

There might be reasons why Apple has not released a new high-end/thunderbolt based Mac Book yet.

No Events found!