Highlighted
yosayu
1 Nickel

Thunderbolt TB15 ports are not working (all of them)

Good afternoon,

I have just recently purchased a Thunderbolt TB15 from Dell. I was so excited until I connected to my laptop.

I followed the instructions for the drivers installation http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677047

It didn't work. I remove all the softwares and tried again, still no improvement.

I finally gave Dell support a call, but it didn't resolve my issue.

So, I am currently able to get a power from the TB15, but that's it. All other ports, USBs, Ethernet, etc. are still not working.

When I plugged an Ethernet cable, I can see the blinking on the TB15 but it didn't connect to my laptop.

I have a 9350 series.

FYI, I searched on this forum and tried to do all the suggested solution, but I have no luck.

Please let me know if anyone of you has a solution for this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Thunderbolt TB15 ports are not working (all of them)

Hi YOSAYU,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please boot into BIOS <F2> and check if the option Thunderbolt ports are enabled.

Have you updated the firmware and drivers for the dock from our Dell Support Site?

http://dell.to/1SNpxHE

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id and if any of the steps helped.

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
yosayu
1 Nickel

Hi,

I have just sent you a private message about your questions, can you please have a look?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
yosayu
1 Nickel

Bump up. Anyone can give me any other suggestions? Thanks.
0 Kudos
yosayu
1 Nickel

Ok I have just found something, after reading a lot of reddit posts.

I installed the ASMedia based on the one provided by Dell, but I couldn't find it on my device manager list.

When I first installed the driver and reboot, I plugged in my TB15 and there was USB3.1, but then it disconnected after a while.

Anyway, this is really a waste of money.

0 Kudos