Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2016 23:00

Thunderbolt TB15 ports are not working (all of them)

Good afternoon,

I have just recently purchased a Thunderbolt TB15 from Dell. I was so excited until I connected to my laptop.

I followed the instructions for the drivers installation http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677047

It didn't work. I remove all the softwares and tried again, still no improvement.

I finally gave Dell support a call, but it didn't resolve my issue.

So, I am currently able to get a power from the TB15, but that's it. All other ports, USBs, Ethernet, etc. are still not working.

When I plugged an Ethernet cable, I can see the blinking on the TB15 but it didn't connect to my laptop.

I have a 9350 series.

FYI, I searched on this forum and tried to do all the suggested solution, but I have no luck.

Please let me know if anyone of you has a solution for this.

Thank you

June 23rd, 2016 03:00

Hi YOSAYU,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please boot into BIOS and check if the option Thunderbolt ports are enabled.

Have you updated the firmware and drivers for the dock from our Dell Support Site?

http://dell.to/1SNpxHE

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id and if any of the steps helped.

6 Posts

June 23rd, 2016 04:00

Hi,

I have just sent you a private message about your questions, can you please have a look?

Thank you.

6 Posts

June 25th, 2016 08:00

Bump up. Anyone can give me any other suggestions? Thanks.

6 Posts

June 25th, 2016 09:00

Ok I have just found something, after reading a lot of reddit posts.

I installed the ASMedia based on the one provided by Dell, but I couldn't find it on my device manager list.

When I first installed the driver and reboot, I plugged in my TB15 and there was USB3.1, but then it disconnected after a while.

Anyway, this is really a waste of money.

No Events found!