Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2016 11:00

To BUY or NOT TO BUY the xps 13" 9350 ????? should I get the inspiron 7000 special edition instead??

Hi guys. it seems many people were very excited about the new 13" 9350 BUT  As any new technology therer are some issues.....

I just had a long "Romance" with asus ( will never buy any product they offer) and I decided to give DELL a chance!

everybody say get apple or dell!  

I'm a student, my needs are basic and i got the budget BUT honestly,, what would you suggest?

511 Posts

March 2nd, 2016 17:00

Depends on whether you are going for size or performance. For size, the XPS 13 is one of the best laptops you can get. I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 that was perfect for classes. However, make sure you get at least 8GB of RAM, as 4GB was not enough for me. If you want performance, go with the Inspiron. You'll sacrifice portability and battery life by going with the Inspiron. You'll sacrifice performance and screen size with the XPS.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2016 23:00

Based on what do younsay that.  They have the same components..  the difference is the xps has a fancy screen but if you search the forums you see people are annoyed and having many issues you have with new technologies...  the xps screen and wifi an cpu rexognition issues....

The inspiron has also disorders....

What would you say/recommend  about the latitude and vostro models in that matter?

Thanks for the help

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 06:00

Latitude e7450 i5 6300u 14"  8gigs ram ssd256.  

Vostro e5470 i5 6200u  14" 8 gigs ram vga AMD r7 m360 2 gigs

511 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 06:00

My apologies I thought you were talking about the Inspiron 15 not the 13. Yes the component difference is not much besides the display. Honestly I loved my XPS 13, but I went to a Surface Book for the touchscreen and note taking ability. If you want to be able to use your computer like a tablet, the Inspiron would be the way to go as the screen folds over. If you do not care about that I say the XPS. 

Could yo be more specific about which Latitude and Vostro models you are looking at?

No Events found!