Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2016 09:00

Totally disappointed by Dell

Alexander Pope said "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” My biggest mistake is that expected too much from Dell, which I still value highly as a vendor of high quality equipment. I've been researching laptops for my work for a year and in July I bought Dell Inspiron Series 7000 online from Dell Hong Kong. I put my trust and expectations in Dell and that's why I am now experiencing extreme frustration and disappointment.

The computer I bought in August 2016 online from Dell Hong Kong has a defect. You can see it on YouTube. I cannot tell if the reason is the hardware, the audio driver or if there is incompatibility with Windows 10. The problem is that within the warranty period I've been evasively refused service in one form or another. The heavily advertised Dell on-site visit does not exist. I've received only neglect and disregard from authorized service staff in mainland China. Because of my experience I dare not even submit the computer for return. Why? Read on.

On August 20th I applied for refund of peripherals incompatible with the Inspiron. I returned the parts to Dell Hong Kong but have received no refund as of today November 10 and there is no prospect of receiving it ever. Now I have no parts and no refund.

The price of the parts is EUR 118, which I have invariably lost. Who can guarantee that if I return the defective laptop priced EUR 1000 I will receive a new one? Knowing the style of Dell Hong Kong I expect to lose everything I have been stupid to buy from them.

Dell have built a structure in Hong Kong and China, which does not allow complaints. The people in charge are not reachable by individual customers. No address, no phone number, no email. I have also read that Dell HQ in Texas do not deal with complaints, so I have found myself as a protagonist of a Kafka novel.

I will appreciate any advice about my options from now on.

184 Posts

November 9th, 2016 20:00

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching us here. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, I would definitely like to review the system details and assist you with the best resolution possible within Dell support boundaries. I request you to share the system service tag registered owner's name and email via private message for our reference.

I request you to hover the mouse pointer over my name, to add me as a friend. This would allow you to send a private message.

As you have also mentioned that you have returned the peripherals to Dell for a refund, I request you to let us know if the return was authorized by Dell. Also, kindly share the reference numbers related to the products that you have returned and I will be happy to review the details and assist you further.

20 Posts

November 10th, 2016 00:00

I have sent you a private message. Please tell me if you need more details.

Best regards,

Stefan

184 Posts

November 10th, 2016 02:00

Hi Stefan,

We have not received your private message. I request you to send a private message with all the details that we have requested so that we will be glad to review the details and assist you further.

20 Posts

November 10th, 2016 06:00

I have sent you two messages providing the details you requested.

Best regards,

Stefan

20 Posts

November 10th, 2016 17:00

Dear Sir,

I hope you have received my two messages with all necessary details. I will appreciate it if you confirm receiving them.

Best,,

Stefan

184 Posts

November 11th, 2016 22:00

Greetings,

We have replied to your private message, I request you to check under the private message Window.

No Events found!