Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2017 06:00

Touch Screen Dell inspiron serie 7000 7559

Good morning. 

My notebook have a 4k monitor with touch screen. After windows update driver's chipset don't install driver's touch and so there are only "unknown device". When Dell will fix this problem? The mistake is abosolutely on driver that isn't up to date from 2015. I have paid 1300 euro a pc with touch! 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 31st, 2017 18:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

I'd suggest using the System Restore tool on system to go back to an earlier time before the touch screen problem occurred. Please type Create A Restore Point onto the [Cortana] search box, select System Restore, Next.....  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 31st, 2017 18:00

And....

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's impossible because my pc was formatted many times. One time was formatted using a usb-key sended by dell with a original windows 10 without upgrade. According to them it's the solution, but with a clean installation problem persists. I tried to install a lot of drivers and more solution.

(However, I believe that even if you could solve by setting up an old driver and keeping the operating system not updated is not the right solution. I do not see why it must maintain an obsolete system to maintain a service that should work regardless)

Tra l'altro con la versione HOME di windows gli aggiornamenti si possono solo rallentare e non diabilitare quindi il problema si ripresenterebbe.

Among other things with the windows version of Windows updates can only slow down and do not diabilitate so the problem would recur.

Is there anyone who managed to find a working driver? Dell told me to re-install the chipset drivers but those available on the site do not work.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 08:00

When I did a recent clean install of Win 10 on one of my newer systems, all I did was install the Dell Chipset drivers for that system and Win 10 installed everything else.  I did have to update of couple of drivers later.  The chipset driver for that system is from 2015, so it must be an older system.  There is a Bios update for Dec 2017 which might address the issue...

In Device Manager, you can look at the properties of an unknown device.  If the go to the Details tab and use the drop down menu to select Hardware IDs, it may show a listing we can use to find the device.  It may not work for an unknown device but we could try, right click and select copy to include in your response.

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 11:00

USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

:)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 11:00

Have you checked the Bios update for the system?

I am running an almost 3 year old system with a 4th generation processor.  The chipset drivers for it are from July 2015...

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 11:00

Yes, i do it (update 27 dec 2017)

Driver Chipset: 26 Dec 2017

:(

No Events found!