Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2016 20:00

Touch Screen not working

I've had my laptop for 3 weeks and my touch screen has stopped working.  I've read all posts I can find on this and reset my computer to factory out of the box. 

Having read the posts I tried the Windows hot fix for the issue and it said it didn't apply.  I'm going crazy and ready to give up on this and return my laptop.  I would really like to fix this and move on.  I noticed in the Human Interface drives I have multiple drivers that are the same and I do not see a driver for the touch screen.

Please help!!!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 17th, 2016 10:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on your computer....? Dell model number ? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543

I'd suggest you run troubleshooting tools on the computer. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click View All, and then "Windows Update". You can click on "Hardware & Devices", and System Maintenance as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 17th, 2016 11:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Once you're in Dell Product Support page, stroll up to Diagnostic, and click "Choose A Diagnostic test"...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly.....

How Do I Calibrate My Touchscreen?

https://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/616138/EN

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You can also run a diagnostic test on the touch screen. Please enter your service tag number [or use Detect Product]onto  link below.

www.dell.com/.../

2 Posts

October 17th, 2016 20:00

I have done all these things and it's still not working.  You are right Windows 10 on an Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop.  What is the driver name, so I can check to see if the driver is even there.

When I ran the diagnostic it failed because the touch screen is not working.. I'm now on Microsoft site trying to see what they have.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 18th, 2016 07:00

If touch screen still doesn't appear in device manager then I suggest you click 'Action' on device manager taskbar, and then select "Scan For Hardware Changes". I also suggest you update Firmware in device manager as well. Right click Firmware, select update. After update, power off computer and then power on computer again. Hopefully you'll see touch screen driver in device manager.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You can also update system setup( BIOS) and see if that make a difference:

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I'm assuming your system is Dell Inspiron 15 7000, series 7559

www.dell.com/.../advanced

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Here're a few more suggestions;

1. Power off system, disconnect AC adapter, remove battery, and then press "Power On" button for 15 seconds to discharge Static Flea Power. Please replace battery, AC adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully touch screen driver appears in device manager now.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 18th, 2016 08:00

" I've had my laptop for 3 weeks '

You can contact Dell Technical for further assistance in link below. Keep in mind, you have 30 days from invoice date to return it and then order a new one. If this is a software issue, you also have 30 days of software support.

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 18th, 2016 08:00

After you have updated BIOS then I suggest you update Chipset and firmware drivers in correct order as well.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order:

www.dell.com/.../EN

No Events found!