Highlighted
daisymae09
6 Indium

Touch pad unresponsive

Hello!  I have a Dell 10 inch laptop running Windows 10 and now my touch pad is not working. The touch screen feature is fine.  I checked the tablet feature is turned off so the touch pad should be working.

Has anyone had this issue?  Thanks for any help!

Mary Anne

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Touch pad unresponsive

Hi Mary Anne,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected. If you could post your computer's model number and the Operating System, that would help the users here to troubleshoot your issue.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
daisymae09
6 Indium

Dell 11 inch laptop P25T  service tag<Service Tag removed> 

,  bought in fall of 2016 running Windows 10 Home.

I hope this helps. Seems like it started after the big Windows update several weeks ago??

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that information.  Here is a video from Dell Tech Support which may be helpful: http://dell.to/2zSm6hA

Also here is some information posted by another user that may be helpful:

– Go to Home > Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad

– Click on “Additional mouse options“. Open the “Mouse Properties” window.

– Click the tab on the far right (it may be called “Device Settings“)– Under “Devices“, check that your touchpad is enabled. If not, click on its name, and then on “Enable“.

If you have tried this and the touchpad still isn’t working, its drivers may be out of date. To update them:

– Go to Home > Control Panel > Device manager

– Search for your touchpad in the list of devices, and click on Update Driver Software.

– If Windows can’t find the driver, go to the Dell Support website, where you’ll be able to find them.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message

0 Kudos
daisymae09
6 Indium

I have already done both of your suggestions but I will try again.  Also touch screen is not working well either. Any other thoughts...seemed to happen after the big Windows update.  Thanks

Funny thing my husband is having issues with his touch pad also and his laptop is only a month or so old.  I will call for warranty help to see what can be done.

0 Kudos
daisymae09
6 Indium

Mouse and touch pad menu say they are working properly.

Device manager says I have the most current driver installed.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Perhaps it's time to troubleshoot with Tech Support.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos