Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2017 14:00

Touchpad - How to disable Touch to Click

New Dell Inspiron 5567.

In all of my previous computers from different companies but not Dell, "Mouse Properties" has included one additional tab on the far right of the tabs, which has a setting to Disable Touch to Click.

Mouse Properties on this laptop does not have that, nor can I find that simple but for me essential setting option.

How do I do that?

June 9th, 2017 14:00

Hi Ji li,

Please check the following given link if it is of any help.

www.dell.com/.../dell-inspiron-15--5567--usage-and-troubleshooting-guide

do let us know if that didst help as we dont have anything in particular to stop clicking Touch to click.

18 Posts

June 9th, 2017 19:00

Hi,

Thanks for helping.

Unfortunately, nothing there that helps.

I'm one of many that seek a solution for this and dislike Tap to Click (revealed via an internet search).

18 Posts

June 9th, 2017 19:00

One other question - All my previous laptops allowed one to scroll using 1 finger on the touchpad, whereas the default on this computer is must use 2 fingers.

I find this much more inconvenient.

Is there any way to allow scrolling 1 fingered using the touchpad?

18 Posts

June 10th, 2017 13:00

Just remembered that I could also do a circular motion (small circle) and that would scroll the page - wasn't necessary to bring finger from top to bottom of touchpad, bring finger back to top of touchpad and repeat.

June 12th, 2017 13:00

We at dell dont have that option unfortunately.Specifically for touch pad options we dont have any settings to change you can download touch pad manager from support.dell.com and try some of the setting from there.

No Events found!